Monday 29 May 2023

Recommendation of: NXT Battlegrounds 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: NXT Battlegrounds 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/blood warning/torture warning, I have never been or are likely to be a professional wrestler.

Just a heads up: I partly watched this event and then carried on watching it on another day, just because I was burnt out and whilst I'm here full disclosure I only know about two result, I wanted to know about the results of AEW Double or Nothing 2023 which happened on the same night as this event, but I accidentally came across one result. Yes in hindsight I should have used a different way around to get to the results but never mind.

Tyler Bate vs. Schism's Joe Gacy [with Ava] vs. Champ Wes Lee; Triple Threat Match for the NXT North American Championship: this match was an excellent way to begin this event with a enthusiastic atmosphere and match outlay and we have to ask that achieving question; did everyone look better for having this match? Yes, so you can't ask for more than that. This match/match slot receives: 9/10.

Dragon Lee [with Nathan Frazier] vs. Title Noam Dar; British Rounds Rules Match for the NXT Heritage Cup Championship: well if the previous match/match slot was enthusiastic amongst other things, this match/match slot was anything but, it put me to sleep and if this is what they have planned for this title/championship they may as well abandon it right now. As I have already indicated this just sucked out the momentum of this event and on top of that there is much for me to report that I am allowed to in this format other than Dragon attempted a hurricanrana [Lee is running up the turnbuckle with Dar on the outside of the ring apron ready to receive Lee] but Lee doesn't connect properly consequently both wrestlers take a fall and a bump of varying degrees Lee's is the more uncomfortable want to watch as it is best described as he crashes and burns.

 Blood warning and torture is in this video package before this upcoming match.

Ilja Dragunov vs. Dijak; Last Man Standing Match: yes if you were wondering if this match was hard-hitting it is including blood warning. Vic Joseph on commentary or the person feeding him this line; told us a massive lie; he makes reference to Dragunov is medically cleared to continue this match from the doctor. The lie is there was no doctor, I have replayed this section and yes to cover my back it could have been done without us seeing anything. But as far as I'm aware there is no doctor here, but however there is a referee [unknown name, yes I have looked for his name but instead of getting it wrong and potentially putting myself in hot water, I have decided to go with unknown name so I can't get into any trouble] that possibly more than likely choked on the situation, but I mean no disrespect as again as far as I am aware he is no doctor. This match/match slot receives: 9/10.

The Creed Brothers: Brutus & Julius Creed [with Ivy Nile] vs. Champs Gallus: Mark Coffey & Wolfgang [with Joe Coffey;] Tag Team Match for the NXT Tag Team Championship: straight off the bat in Gallus' entrance Joseph calls Joe Coffey, Joe Gacy instead of Joe Coffey in fact Booker T. corrects him. This is another hard-hitting and explosive match slot. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Lyra Valkyria vs. Tiffany Stratton; Tournament Final for the vacant NXT Women's Championship: this first bit is genuinely true I had to stop this match after Joseph said this on commentary or in Joseph's defence it could have been once again someone feeding him this line; I am paraphrasing here he makes reference to Indy Hartwell having to relinquish this title because she had got called up to the main roster on Monday Night Raw and not for she was injured. So if you have been around this situation you know where I am going here; going off what Joseph has just indicated why oh why are the NXT Women's Tag Team Champions been drafted to WWE SmackDown and are still allowed to hold the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships then? I should quickly point out I have nothing against these two wrestlers be it individually or together so I am not going after them personally. I am just wanting the WWE hierarchy to actually make sense of the 2023 draft and just start changing the narrative whenever it is necessary for them to do so, for it to fit in with the narrative at that time. But then again the WWE have been doing this for years, strangely enough I thought it was going to be a thing of the past when this dark shadow was no longer in this company, but we all know it didn't last for too long. I the recent past where there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the WWE was looking forward to continuous bright days ahead, okay fair enough there may be one or two clouds in the sky from time to time, but we all know it wasn't perfect but man it just looks so bright for not only is promotion but the wrestling industry as a whole.  Stratton performs this version of an elbow drop, which looks a bit sloppy, from our angle but the main reason I am taking the mark off here is because of the 2023 draft reference, it annoys me greatly when this hierarchy clearly doesn't care about things making sense, but here is a funny thing; they actually set the rules to begin with would think them look I will put this really nicely really silly. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Bron Breakker vs. Champ Carmelo Hayes [with Trick Williams;] for the NXT Championship: there is one sticky moment in this match where Hayes runs and then goes over the ropes on the entrance side of the ring and it is one of those occasions where just at the last moment you think he has undercut this not by much, but just enough for us to pick up on this isn't going to end well if Breakker doesn't catch him at some point very shortly. But luckily he catches Hayes and then between them everything goes as it looks like it should go. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 8/10, once again NXT delivers an event of its average incredibly high standards. Now let's talk about the massive elephant in the room, this would be twice now back to back when it is appropriate that NXT has crushed its main roster equivalent even in one case where the main roster has two nights, I mean that is such a mic drop moment that I am just going to leave things on that note.

No comments:

Post a Comment