Saturday 22 April 2023

Everything Everywhere All at Once 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Everything Everywhere All at Once 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/shooting/stabbing/cutting/electrocution/self harming/bodily functions/animal cruelty/transformation

The Bagel: in summary; we meet this family who own this launderette Evelyn Wang/other versions in other multi-versus [Michelle Yeoh:] a middle-aged lady that has done very little with her life and on top of that she is struggling to connect with her daughter Joy Wong/other character [Stephanie Hsu:] doesn't live with her parents and is quite happy in a same-sex relationship, which her mother doesn't know how to deal with this, as you will see she has lots on her plate in one way or another with the business, her husband and her father coming, but soon she will realise that she has a purpose to fulfil.

The framework and pacing of this 139 minutes film is on both counts like the rest of it insanely quick once it gets going and on top of that it is slightly built as a theatre production as in following parts. I have to point out and I have made this known for some time I am dyslexic, so anyone that has any problems with reading, will be like myself struggling to keep up or slightly disinterested in this film they; as this film uses subtitles and I have to be honest I hate everything about these subtitles they are small, very small and yellow why oh why did they have to be yellow? Mostly yellow there are other styles of text, because if you are to my level of dyslexic requirements; the text has to be big and doesn't clash with anything underneath which it does. The person I watch some of these films with tried to read some of the subtitles and she couldn't keep up so on the important bits and pieces we had to pause and full disclosure we got the rough idea of the storyline, but I did ask what is happening? This individual is said I don't know. Later on I asked did this individual want to continue watching this film? Yes. So without sounding arrogant I know I am logically sound so I can work out things relatively easy, so I can roughly work out the storyline.

General perspective: this film is lots of fun for an example Deirdre Beaubeirdre [Jamie Lee Curtis:] IRS inspector/other versions in other multi-versus perform wrestling moves on  Waymond Wang [Ke Huy Quan:] a loving husband to Evelyn that helps her run the launderette/other versions in other multi-versus or/and in one way or another we get to see adult sexual toys being used for more than their intended purpose [that is probably as clean as I can put that.] The art is mesmerising there is more often than not some form of highly level of creativity or imagination, be it the scenery, landscapes, wardrobe or the science fiction representation, as I have already said more often than not there is always something to see and experience with this project and in some cases you may have to be quick on seeing something.

Character developments and performances: they obviously play into the character developments of different versions of these characters such as for an example the version that has sausage fingers [basically big fingers,] so they have to use their feet instead. This is very much a cast performance from everyone involved, as you will see this is one of those films that everyone brought everything to the table, but I am sure no one will mind from this cast that I have to say Michelle Yeoh as Evelyn Quan Wang; leads this cast perfectly as she feels right at home in this lead role position and obviously I am going to bring up this performer James Hong as Gong Gong [Cantonese for grandfather;] Evelyn' father and Joy's grandfather, he is in the old ways of how things used to be. It has always a pleasure to see him in the film title or any project really.

This film receives: 9/10, this film is excellent; as you may have guessed by now it has so much to offer at a rapid speed that I am pretty sure you will find something you like in this film, but even though I have been positive about this film I want you to keep in mind the problems I had with this film and the individual I watched this film said I am paraphrasing here; It was just too much and I couldn't keep up with the subtitles as well. This is me now talking again and relatively early gave up with the subtitles so I can understand what this individual is saying here. This film has masses of awards accredited to it Winners 370 including all from the same award ceremony/event Academy Awards, USA 2023 Oscars Best Original Screenplay Daniel Kwan Daniel Scheinert, Best Motion Picture of the Year Daniel Kwan (producer) Daniel Scheinert (producer Jonathan Wang (producer,) Best Achievement in Directing Daniel Kwan Daniel Scheinert, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role Michelle Yeoh, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role Jamie Lee Curtis, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role Ke Huy Quan and Best Achievement in Film Editing Paul Rogers. 347 Nominees including and the continuing from this event/ceremony Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score) Son Lux, Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song) Ryan Lott David Byrne Mitski For song "This Is a Life", Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role Stephanie Hsu and Best Achievement in Costume Design Shirley Kurata.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment