Sunday 27 November 2022

Recommendation of: WWE Survivor Series WarGames 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Survivor Series WarGames 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Warning: there is flashing/colourful effects throughout/blood warning.

The WWE Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Mia Yim & Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL: Bayley, the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Dakota Kai & IYO SKY, Nikki Cross & The Judgement Day's Rhea Ripley; War Games: this is just a rough outline; there are some great camera angles and shots, which is a good thing but you run the risk of hearing the wrestlers communicate to one another, like I have no idea what was said between Kai and Belair and they are either missteps like Asuka falling down or a botch by Belair on Bayley with a power bomb. But after everything is said and done this mark I will be awarding is a fair outcome. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The O.C's AJ Styles [with The Good Brothers: Luke Gallows & the NJPW NEVER Openweight Champion Karl Anderson vs. The Judgement Day's Finn Bálor [with Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio;] Singles Match: I thought this match should have never been on this card, based on the grounds it is the only one that really feels out of place on this card, considering it looks like Triple H has gone back to the old-fashioned Survivor Series card outlay. Where less matches but more time for those matches in most cases minus one on this card consequently I almost fell asleep through this match and yes I did re-watch it and yes I know it should have been a good match but I just couldn't get into it, as I said in my predictions I am paraphrasing here why didn't they just have a Six-Man Elimination Tag Team Match, back to here and now; that would have fitted in perfectly. The crowd were also flat which isn't too surprising based on what they had just seen and finally in one way or another New Japan Pro-Wrestling gets referenced, I was going to give this match/match slot a positive mark but on reflection considering it almost put me to sleep I went with something less and Bálor looks like Cobra Commander [ yes that in the 1980s cartoon reference from G.I. Joe] in he is new entrants entire. This match/match slot receives: 5/10.

Shotzi vs. Champ Ronda Rousey [with Shayna Baszler;] Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: what do you want me to say about this; it does what it is designed to do and originally I was going to give it a positive mark, but on reflection again it has irritated me a little. Like I have already said it is designed to do, what it was designed to do. But for those people that have seen this match can you honestly tell me that there were any positives? Did Shotzi look better for having this match? No for three reasons; she botched a move on the side of the ring, ring apron area her DDT [Additional;Wednesday 30/11/2022; it has been reported that it was on Rousey to why this spot didn't go according to plan as she didn't sell it, I am not backtracking on anything I have said here either going backwards or forwards, but in the interest of fairness and balance instead of laying it at just Shotzi's feet I will lay it at both of their feet. Additional: Wednesday 07/12/2022; I watched the video clip where Rousey takes responsibility for this botch has  she pitched the idea, because she likes the move. But they didn't have time or anywhere suitable to practice it be for the event. So I can't begin one thinking; just don't do it then and she was trying to protect Shotzi.] This match was the shortest match on the card with roughly over 7 minutes [the next shortest would be the next match on this card with just under 15 minutes] and finally even though I haven't been watching this feud I can tell you from my years of experience, there is no point continuing it, with how this match outlay was. I mean combining the little bit attacking from Shotzi and everything else, regardless of what they have in the future in this feud I know what angle it looks like they are trying to go with for her and it is massive underdog, but that only really works when Rousey with or without Baszler doesn't dissect her opponents with ease and comfort, so in essence what I am suggesting is; it already looks like the longer this feud goes on for Shotzi she runs the risk of looking incredibly weak. This match/match slot receives: 5/10

Bobby Lashley vs. Austin Theory vs. Champ Seth Rollins; Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship: this match/match slot lives up to its expectations, this is where the blood warning comes into play, I am not sure when it occurred, just because there are many hard-hitting spots, it could have been when Lashley used Theory on his shoulders and basically use him to take out Rollins where Lashley took some of the hit as well or Lashley hitting the steps thanks to Rollins or Theory hitting Lashley with the steps or something completely different, so again on reflection I am going to award this match/match slot an extra mark. This match/match slot receives: 9/10

The Brawling Brutes: Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch, Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens vs. The Bloodline: the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman,] Solo Sikoa, Sami Zayn & the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos [Jey & Jimmy Uso;] War Games: like the previous match/match slot this is likewise it lives up to its expectations and it delivers and not only that the storyline narrative throughout this Premium Live Event continued from Friday's SmackDown 25/11/2022, we have another camera blooper; McIntire is caught communicating to I am going to say Jimmy, because I can't see his face, but I know he has longer hair then Jey so this is another Premium Live Event that yet again finishes with, this match/match slot: 10/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 8/10, as you can clearly see strong beginning, lacking in the middle, strong later and to the end and finally it is always a treat to see this rock/metal icon in any capacity.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment