Sunday 3 January 2021

Birds of Prey [Series 1,] Episode 10: Gladiatrix by AverageMansReviews

Birds of Prey [Series 1,] Episode 10: Gladiatrix by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there are flashing effects/other effects/woman slavery.

Storyline: it is mediocre; at this stage of this series it is way too late to come out with this kind of rubbish really, they should be looking at winding down this series and heading towards some kind of conclusion/series finale.

Where is Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn?: Now I would have brought this up sooner, but I didn't want to make myself look stupid; if she turned up in the next episode, so I was waiting to later on in this series to see how things turned out, so regardless if she now turns up in the final three episodes. I now feel more than comfortable to say this; what the hell is the point of putting her in the opening [second lot of credits] when she is hardly in this TV series?

I mean this TV program went from using this character dynamic between Dr. Harley Quinzel [Counsellor] a.k.a. Harley Quinn and Helena Kyle [Client] a.k.a. The Huntress; yes they don't know about each other's aliases, so this would have been a really interesting and engaging character dynamic throughout this entire first series, but in reality we didn't get any of that instead we got predominantly the Birds of Prey kicking male characters posteriors; yes sometimes having Harley Quinn or linking back to Harley Quinn, but other than that and Episode 8 Lady Shiva; unless I have forgotten something which I will apologize for that now if I have just to cover my back, but other than that up to this point it has all been male oriented.

Because I am a Caucasian man I have to be very careful on what I say next; I am not saying that because the Birds of Prey are women they should go after women, [I was just thinking I would point that out before someone took issue with what I'm saying,] but all I am saying is variety would have been nice. I am just simply saying/pointing out when you bring a character like Dr. Harley Quinzel/Harley Quinn to the table she needs to be either your figurehead of your project/first season at least or at minimum much, much, much, much better utilized than what this TV program does; so unfortunately this version of Dr. Harley Quinzel/Harley Quinn is a complete waste of time and character dynamic with Helena Kyle/The Huntress/other characters linked to her in this TV program and yes I know we still have three episodes to go, so they could use her in the final three episodes, but my opinion will still remain the same; because nothing against this performer you can't have her in the second lot of opening credits [basically shown as this TV programs criminal figurehead and then not have her consistently show up.]

Let's get ready to rumble: these cage fight sequences are good action sequences [just to cover my back; yes I know the phrase I have used for this section is associated with the boxing industry and not this industry.]

Blooper: I am positive that Lance; when she is taking on this criminal for this episode [Malcolm] at the beginning if you look closely she needed a stunt-double twice, what you're looking for; is a change in her hair style; meaning wig, the camera is low down roughly diagonally to capture this combat, but a poor two attempts of hiding the fact this is a stunt-double [the camera follows the action,] the viewers can see the face and it isn't the same person; once you pick up on it; it sticks out like a sore thumb and yes I am one of those very sad individuals that has replayed this sequence a small amount of times to analyze this.

This episode receives: 4/10, this episode is mixed: what can I say; it just has enough about it to get given this mark.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment