Sunday 15 November 2020

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE In Your House #1 14/05/1995: Match 4/Part 4 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm! & Warning potentially upsetting ahead!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE In Your House #1 14/05/1995: Match 4/Part 4 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm! & Warning potentially upsetting ahead!

Match/Stipulation: The Smoking Gunns [Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn -  Kayfabe Brothers] vs. the WWF/WWE Tag Team Champions "The King of Hearts" Owen Hart  & Yokozuna [with Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji:] for the WWF/WWE Tag Team Championships.

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 6/10

Match Storyline: 4/10

Crowd Participation: 6/10

On Commentary: Dok Hendrix & Vince McMahon: 5/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 6/10

Recommend Watch: 5/10

Match Total: 32/60 - this match is mixed; it is a solid match, it just doesn't want to long

Comments: there is good chemistry between these two teams and including the managers involvement as well. This would be the first match I have seen of Owen Hart in a long time and even before I watch this match and through this match all I kept thinking about was The Blue Blazer [another alternative persona of Owen Hart] and that tragic event [because I was young some time ago now I was thinking it was a storyline/Kayfabe, but it wasn't.] I had forgotten the Pay-Per-View and year [after some research WWF/WWE Over The Edge 1999.] I was conflicted about watching this match should I miss it out? Should I just get through it [before I receive backlash let's keep in mind I don't mean this disrespectfully or I don't mean anything disrespectfully as it relates to this situation.]

So I have just come up with from now on just enjoying his matches I am sure I will be fine when I have made a decision 99.9% of the time I stick to it, discussing his wrestling, discussing his death if or when I come to this Pay-Per-View. Just to cover my back in the future if I should watch this Pay-Per-View I may not be fine and it may be uncomfortable viewing. I think his dying will clearly never leave me, yes I may have forgotten some details but the event is clearly still with me and I should imagine I am far from the only one that has a similar thinking process and outlook; I just couldn't let this match go without discussing what I have discussed.

But back on to this match the reason why it could have been short is because "The King of Hearts" was on double duty that night; before I continue I am sure this information is correct but at the same time I just want to cover my back by saying I don't trust this source; it was a Dark Match against The British Bulldog a King of the Ring Qualifying Match which ended up in a Draw.

I know Dok Hendrix is meant to be the Heel and Vince McMahon is meant to be the Face Commentator, but as this Pay-Per-View has progressed Vince McMahon has stayed at an excellent level Dok Hendrix on the other hand is nose-diving, consequently it feels like there is no chemistry between these two and it is staged which I know it is, but the general idea is to make it look and sound as if it isn’t.

Basic Result: "The King of Hearts" Owen Hart & Yokozuna [with Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji] retain their WWF/WWE Tag Team Championships.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment