Tuesday 9 April 2019

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers [Season 1,] Episode 10: Happy Birthday, Zack by AverageMansReviews

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers [Season 1,] Episode 10: Happy Birthday, Zack by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this episode is excellent

5 things about this episode

Origin storyline/Back story: the fake origin storyline and the back story with a small sequence are interesting. Now whilst I'm on these subjects I have recently realized as it relates to these episodes, I may have got slightly confused on which one is an origin storyline or back story, I know the difference but in these episodes there is a fine line between one or the other, yes it is still my mistake I'm just simply apologizing for this.

Bloopers: because I like variety in my blogs/reviews, I did notice some fishy things about this episode and no I am not referring to a monster. Trini/The Yellow Power Ranger seems to be hurt as she is calling her Sabertooth Tiger Dinozord [basically and I could be wrong here, but this element looks like it was taken from another episode, on top of that I get the feeling that her voice was voiced-over/dubbed over, with her voice yes but it doesn't feel or look right] and on a quick side note all the other Power Rangers don't seem hurt in any way shape or form.

In the same sequence Kimberly/The Pink Power Ranger didn't even get to call upon her Pterodactyl Dinozord, yes it still came out but she didn't call upon it.

Now in the ending sequence we have this band playing in the background, trying to give off the impression they are playing and they have a vocalist, but there is one little, ever so little problem with this; the song may have a vocalist singing but there is physically no signs of a vocalist with this band and I have looked again and again she isn't there, unless she is a member of the X-Men and her abilities/skills are able to vanish/disappear/able to walk through hard things including anything she is holding disappears with her as well then I could be wrong.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: now having the Megazord doing combat with this monster, including when this monster delivers a stomp to the Megazord, Rita Repulsa giving combat advice and showing how it should be done, after The Power Rangers have had a discussion about this situation, in a nutshell the Megazord shows off these new abilities/skills [at the beginning of this there is a bit more dialogue between Rita and this monster.] The camera work throughout this sequence is excellent, it succeeds in trying to make its audience a part of this sequence with certain camera shots/angles to bring them closer and more invested in the action.

This episode receives: 8/10, there are some other elements I could talk about, but as I can only pick between 3 to 5 things you will have to watch this episode to find out the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment