Friday 15 June 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is good.

Fundamental elements: there are numbers and words on screen, voice-over elements, there are no subtitles being used when another language is being used, time jumps and place jumps.

Storyline: generally speaking it is good, but it does feel like this sequel is building towards another film title in the future [now it should be noted I could be completely wrong about this as in there is no other project to come from this franchise.] So I am basing just my opinion on how this film feels and looks when I watched it and nothing more.

Action sequences: here are just two examples of the action sequences, the first being the on water/underwater sequence involving three characters, [not giving too much away this action sequence is based around escaping from this situation] and the second is this head butting dinosaur and these two characters [I have just realized I have just chosen two escaping action sequences] and there are many other scenes or sequences in this title.

Character developments/Performances: now to be fair did we really have to have this computer nerd type of character in this sequel, I mean if it was the 1990's I would be okay with that, but when this review goes out it will be 2018, it has just come to me whilst I was dictating this review that this character development it doesn't irritate me, he is a nice guy and other things but it is and was one of those things that could have done with updating to the year of 2018, in a nutshell okay have this computer nerd which is frightened, but he or she has the best intentions of showing courage in a desperate situation, but sometimes gets things wrong [for one quick example he or she wants to shoot this gun, but can't do it because this character cannot work out how the safety works or hasn't learned how to do it yet because he or she is only half way through the book on gun handling or something to that effect,] just a little something to freshen up this type of character, this is not the only character developments I would have freshened up, there is one more I have decided not to put it in this review, because after dictating it the first time around, I realized it may or may not have gave a little too much away which as you should know by now it is something I don't do, yes a little bit here and a little bit there but not too much if I can help it, but moving on now to the performances they are all good.

This film receives: 6/10, I don't know what to say here about this sequel really, I mean it is good and just before I finish generally speaking there are some comical moments if my memory is correct in this title as well which I just needed to point out, but as I made reference to earlier in this review, this sequel feels like there is another potential sequel to come in the future so this title could be just the link between the first and the third title which if this is the case it does its job [I just want to highlight this once more I could be completely and absolutely wrong about another film title coming out at some point, but in my defence this is how this project feels and looks to me right now [or when this review goes out.]


No comments:

Post a Comment