Monday 12 August 2024

Average Extra of: Borderlands 2024 Disaster at the Box Office by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Borderlands 2024 Disaster at the Box Office by AverageMansReviews

Related content: Borderlands 2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/08/borderlands-2024-by-averagemansreviews.html

Real Talking Time:

My reaction to this turn of events: well it is richly deserved, when will people learn that if you don't treat videogame adaptations with care and detail, this will be the consequence. I mean full disclosure I know of this franchise and that is it. But even as an outsider; it does have some good bits and pieces. But would I like to spend at most $120 million on those little bits and pieces hell no and on top of that would like to pray for a profit margin on top of that no chance. I mean as things stand this project has only made slightly over $10 million, so it is very much a case of damage control and trying to recoup or minimise lose.

In my opinion; unless a video game has mass worldwide appeal like Mario, Sonic or/and Mortal Kombat and likewise Pokémon [Rachel Lillis voice of Misty & Jessie of Team Rocket/other characters at various points in this franchise, has sadly died aged 46; RIP Rachel Lillis 1978-2024; may you now Gotta Catch 'Em All] there will always be a large risk putting out a videogame adaptation, which I had thought that the film industry would have learned that by now, but obviously not. I have just realised another issue even though this film has recently came out at the cinema as roughly at the beginning of August, there is one film I would have really not liked to put it up against and that would be Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 [I know it came out in the later stages of July 2024.]

I mean I know last year we had Barbie and Oppenheimer; but they were designed for two very different demographics, so even though yes people could and probably saw both; at the end of the day the biggest winners were basically speaking the consumers and the box office. But in present times unless you are a hard-core gamer or of that community or a fan you may still don't want this film or by now the word-of-mouth or online content may have already persuaded you not to see it or see it by different means; but then again and I will leave it on this question why would you want to see Borderlands 2024 that does cheap giggles when you have Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 being the real deal and currently pulling over $1 billion at the box office?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment