Monday 1 July 2024

Average Extra of: What was the point of A Quiet Place: Day One 2024? by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Average Extra of: What was the point of A Quiet Place: Day One 2024? by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Warning: there will be softer version of adult language references in this content, including references to cancer. Disclaimer; when this becomes relevant I am not accusing anyone of anything, but just simply pointing out within the same year we have an individual in some way or another connected to two films that uses cancer in one way or another, in the same year of release.

Related content: A Quiet Place: Day One 2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/06/a-quiet-place-day-one-2024-by.html , then IF 2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/05/if-2024-by-averagemansreviews.html and then Average Extra of: IF 2024 & If it is okay for family viewing? - Spoiler Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/05/average-extra-of-if-2024-if-it-is-okay.html

Real Talking Time:

In hindsight I have to say I find this film to be exploitative: on two fronts; the first being the fact that the first two instalments of this franchise on average was positive and then they come out with this donkey manure or a script which has very little in it to begin with and secondly giving one of your main characters terminal cancer is extremely exploitative based on the grounds it generates instant sympathy/empathy for this individual which comes off incredibly manipulative, it is incredibly jarring and unnecessary and which makes their outcome incredibly predictable.

I should now point out just to cover my back; I have some life experience with cancer due to a family member and for those individuals, family network and friends or others know it isn't just the individual going through cancer that will be affected, so let's just say I have some credibility to say these things. Now if this character wanted to carry a letter from her doctors with the results of their scan and throughout this film this individual was obviously frightened to find out these results, but before doing something crazy, but to save a lot of people; this individual opens up this letter to find out the results, so whatever they do next they may as well save some lives before succumbing to their future; this in itself would have been much more palatable.

John Krasinski; what is your fascination with cancer? Because this would be the second time this year you have been connected to a project that uses this topic; okay, okay in this case he is just a producer [in the previous instalments of this franchise it ranges from writer/director/character] and in If he was a writer/director/producer/performer/voice performer, but my point is still valid. I don't have a problem with you; but from now on any film connected to you I will be doing much more research into it then I usually do, because the person I watch some of this content with and I don't like cancer just being dropped on us and we are not snowflakes, but as I referenced a little earlier once you have been through it in some way or another, you have a different perspective on it and it shouldn't be used willy-nilly. I am aware that this could be all coincidental, but still it is a weird/unpleasant element/component to use in these films.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here with this franchise, because I do think they should finish it off with one more instalment, because the person I watch some of this content with and I are now three instalments into this franchise and it would be nice to have a payoff, I know there are little bits and pieces online, but I have been doing this kind of thing long enough to know; I'm not being arrogant here, but I work from concrete movement, but I will allow the person I watched this film is at the cinema to say their words if slightly since it and generally speaking; this prequel is shish kebab.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment