Tuesday 21 May 2024

Average Extra of: IF 2024 & If it is okay for family viewing? by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Average Extra of: IF 2024 & If it is okay for family viewing? by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Related content: IF 2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/05/if-2024-by-averagemansreviews.html

Warning/Speculation/Disclaimer: I will be using adaptive/censored adult language at some point or another and I will be more than likely saying things that some of you don't want to hear and I give zero dumplings. There will be speculation at one point or another. Disclaimer I am not a medical professional, but I have plenty of life experience to speak about these things

Real Talking Time:

like I said in the related content I hate this film with are a have passion: because let's start with the trailer at the cinema; no point on my many viewing experiences [because I go to the cinema a lot;] was there any indication or smell of or you know any sign of what this film has as its undercurrent which I should quickly state is more like a consistent jarring/triggering reminder and no I am not or being woke or a snowflake here, I have life experience of this subject matter and it depends how far hypothetically you will need to push this; because hypothetically speaking again I could potentially make a reference to this being misleading or false advertising and I base my opinion on; this is excellent point of if I knew that this was going to be a part of this film there is no way in hell I would have taken someone that has life-changing experience with this condition of cancer/including another life-threatening situation and for those that have experience of cancer, I don't need to tell them you that it isn't just the person or persons that have cancer that it changes their life it is the people around them as well.

Now there is absolutely no way that this film should have been given a certificate of Universal, the person and I that actually saw this film both felt it should have been Parental Guidance, because of what I have stated previously in this content. What I found incredibly insufferable was without sounding arrogant and based on my opinion/speculation they had deliberately left out the word cancer, but they could show the signs of cancer [bandanna and in hospital] and they got around it using the outlay of growing up montage at the beginning of this film, which I felt was incredibly disrespectful and fudgin' rude, because as I have already made reference to anyone living with cancer and their surrounding network can't just skip out the word cancer, we don't have that luxury, we have to deal with the harsh realities of it, so my point being is; if you are going to use such a thing as cancer; surely some fudgin' grapefruits and use the goddam word and on top of that we have the other parent that has another life-threatening medical situation, which doesn't it disclosed to us, but it does get indicated that he could have a problem with his heart or then again it could be protecting his daughter from reality and lying to her, as much later on in the film the dad's nurse indicates that the procedure is potentially more serious than how he is acting.

I am only half done tearing this film in his posterior hole. I completely with 100% certainty disagree with the final sequence of events after the title has appeared; where all of these adults get reunited with their imaginary friends, just for the record is absolutely fine with children to have them especially in this case with this 12-year-old potentially losing both parents, in her case it is very much a coping strategy, but also she has the opportunity to make a friend in this film, that they really didn't explore, I mean they used it now and again, but even when he says something to the effect of I will be here, they don't even give her that character developments of maybe I should spend a little bit more time with a real person, but don't get me wrong I get what this film is trying to indicate with these imaginary friends being reunited with their adult, once children and that is to give them a sense of broadly speaking a sense of confidence and/or well-being. But I see this as not being able to deal with real life and how things are, that you have to remember you are imaginary friend, in fact if we are being honest that is a form of denial and this is coming from me someone that has mental health issues and has a life term in a wheelchair due to life term disability, which I obviously can't run away from this.

Even though I have made reference to this in the related content author; it just seems like a good way to finish off this content as well; the person that I watch some of this content with and I had this discussion about leaving as in walking out, we chose to stay but it was a very uncomfortable experience and one I hope to never repeat again, in fact one family walked out of the cinema; so I would recommend caution on taking your young family to this film, so the choice is yours, I am not here to enforce my opinion, but hypothetically if I had a young family and I knew what I know now, would I take my young family to this film? Hell no. I would rather than watch Gremlins 1984, yes I know they would probably brown their underwear [I know I did back then,] but there isn't that component of a real-life aspect to them, if that makes some weird sense and I would love it if this film made no financial profit whatsoever, but unfortunately it is doing really well at the box office, I wonder if that has anything to do with the trailers putting across that this film is built for family viewing much as I have already said it so isn't.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment