Monday 29 January 2024

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: John Cena, 46 Reveals he plans to retire from wrestling at 50 by AverageMansReviews

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: John Cena, 46 Reveals he plans to retire from wrestling at 50 by AverageMansReviews

John Cena's comments on retirement: here is a rough transcript, I say rough just because it gives me a little window of error to work with. On Entertainment Tonight [Saturday 27/01/2024] when asked about the possibility of retirement? He responded " That's not a may be, that times is gonna come and it's gonna come soon."He added " I never wanted to go out there, just for the sake of going out there, I'm gonna be 47 this year I feel great, but I know what it takes to be a WWE performer night in and night out and I don't ever wanna do is go out there and do it, to do it I wanna have the passion, the same passion as the fan base and I wanna give them exactly what they give me." He concluded " the mile or on the automator says hey that's gotta be done before fifty."

I mean no disrespect intended: but and? No seriously and? I mean I am not disrespecting him for his wrestling, I mean if he wants to do that cool, no problem. But I do have a problem with him milking it, I mean let's be honest for about a year or somewhere around here, he has been indicating something to the effect of his time is running out? So by my calculation when it is all said and done that would be 5 years of him edging towards retiring/retirement and potentially saying his time is running out. I may be on my own here in this opinion or at minimum have enough grapefruits to say it, having roughly 5 years of this garbage is just too much. Don't get me wrong it is usually in some cases, but not in all cases to have a farewell tour in the last year.

The only reason I see him announcing it now is so he can milk it for every drop, unless he intends to wrestle a little bit more frequently and put in more time to the WWE? But seeing his previous work with Austin Theory [WrestleMania 39/2023: Night 1 Singles Match for Theory's WWE United States Championship] which looking over my content I gave this match a 5/10 Wasted: John Cena [with Make-A-Wish kids] vs. Champ Austin Theory; Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship at Wrestlemania 39/2023: Night 1 - Spoilers Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/04/wasted-john-cena-with-make-wish-kids-vs.html and when we had John Cena vs. The Bloodline's Solo Sikoa; Singles Match [WWE Crown Jewel 2023] which likewise I looked over my previous content this got given 2/10 Wasted: John Cena vs. The Bloodline's Solo Sikoa; Singles Match at WWE Crown Jewel 2023 - Spoilers Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/11/wasted-john-cena-vs-bloodlines-solo.html and yes for those younger wrestling fans I know, I know Cena has gotten to the stage of his career that/part time contract where sometimes or in this case a lot of the time he is meant to put over the younger talent, but you can still have good matches and lose and incidentally both of these wrestlers that he has wrestled lately haven't exactly gone to bigger and better things, in fact they have gone backwards, which I know isn't his fault. But what is the point of having Cena on the card wrestling if he doesn't give it at minimum a good performance and away from Cena, what is the point is younger talent having worked with Cena to their not move on slightly, building momentum and so on and so forth?

I know Sting had that lengthy absence due to injury in 2016 to 2020 and then made his return to wrestling in AEW and now sadly yet properly retiring on Sunday 03/03/2024 at AEW Revolutions at the age of 64. My point here being his passion and willingness to still put in a good match is still there, I know some of you hard-core WWE fan base are going to happily point out, that he has had a feeling steps, but his passion is still there and I should imagine as I have openly said he could still probably go for a couple of more years, but he is probably taking the right time to bow out on a high, meaning he probably feels it in the morning but he is still able to move around and I would like to think that AEW would put him on a retainer contract, because yes retire from in ring competition. But I wouldn't like him not to do something in wrestling, just to keep his toe involved considering this is being his life for many decades.

But back to my original topic; the reason why I brought up Sting, is because if Cena is going to call it today in roughly 4 years/3 years plus more in months time, when you show up instead of just giving us passion enthusiastic promos, take these kids to the woodshed and give them a hard lesson of wrestling, because harder the lesson, the more you make them look into the present or/and future stars of this industry even if they end up beating you, because Sting said this once to a live crowd in recent times about fans can tell when someone is phoning it in that is where I am with Cena [even though basically in his comments he doesn't want to be one of those guys, he is already one of those guys that for the sake of it go out there and his comment about being a WWE performer night in and night out, quite frankly I didn't like this comment, because it isn't exactly precise anymore, yes he knows, but he hasn't been full-time since 2018 so that is 6 years and counting, you don't take more damage on the body due to repetitive not wrestling, okay you may feel, it's getting harder to get in wrestling shape, I mean for those people that don't know, there is being fit and then there is being wrestling fit, which is something completely different, why didn't he come out and say, I know what it is like to be wrestling fit, for now I can still do it, but not for much longer.] I am not expecting him roll back the years, to his prime but at least give us a "Medium-Size John Match" instead of "Big Match John."

Or in your final year do something fun, insane and that everyone will remember show up at many wrestling promotions as you possibly can, so the following year you can publish a where's Wally book of yourself, sometimes wrestling, sometimes just doing a promo, sometimes in this segment on commentary, sometimes being the ring announcer or anything just in the crowd, hell you could even just walk in the background, basically anything is possible and before I receive backlash I just want to make it obvious, I don't expect him to wrestle that much, hence why I have made it obvious that you could just show up anywhere and do anything, or if he doesn't want to do a book, he could make it into a documentary/comedy and if you're wondering about is WWE contract, I would have him show up at the WWE Royal Rumble in the Men's Royal Rumble where he says if he doesn't win you will leave the WWE, make his final appearance there and then in his contract so he could move around the wrestling industry.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment