Wednesday 8 November 2023

Wasted: John Cena vs. The Bloodline's Solo Sikoa; Singles Match at WWE Crown Jewel 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Wasted: John Cena vs. The Bloodline's Solo Sikoa; Singles Match at WWE Crown Jewel 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Relating content: Recommendation of: WWE Crown Jewel 2023 Links https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/11/recommendation-of-wwe-crown-jewel-2023.html and then Pay-Per-View Rewind of: NXT TakeOver: In Your House 07/06/2020: Match 5/Part 5 - Spoiler Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2020/12/pay-per-view-rewind-of-nxt-takeover-in_13.html

Warning Disclaimer: I am not intending to be racist/racial, but however I am simply talking about how these wrestlers used to be presented and those of a certain age know I am just speaking factually and the truth as it relates to back them and very finally; if anyone attempts the drinking game I had suggested in this content; I just want to go on record by saying; I will not be held responsible if anyone undertakes this game so on your head be it.

I have no idea what this match/match slot was meant to achieve: because it achieves absolutely nothing, in fact it does the complete opposite; it damages both wrestlers. So the best place for me to begin who the hell came up with this match outlay, as I have just made reference to it damages both of these wrestlers from the perspectives of on one hand it makes Sikoa look like one of the old Samoan characters, you know one of those apparent thickheaded Samoan characters that were going around many decades ago as he shows no particular skill and his overreliance on the Samoan Spike; I mean if you were to add all of the attempts and the actual finishing of this finisher altogether; you would easily get into double figures, which in turn makes this finisher look incredibly weak, I know the whole point of this match outlay was to drive home the storyline of this Cena not being able to communicate with the WWE universe, but you do get to that point in this match where you think; okay there is driving home the message and then devaluing it, especially when we have no medical staff after the match coming to check on Cena as he is walking up the ramp. Cena not looking particularly great, I have seen some content creators calling this a squashed match sort of and I completely agree with this. I mean it is one of those occasions where you either do the squash match routine or you do something like Pay-Per-View Rewind of: NXT TakeOver: In Your House 07/06/2020: Match 5/Part 5 - Spoiler Alarm! Tommaso Ciampa vs. Karrion Kross [with Scarlett:] Singles Match. Where it makes Kross look and feel like this massive dominating force, where it just about qualifies as not a out and out squash match, but more of Ciampa being dominated by putting up a fight. I believe/speculation/opinion that is what they tried to do here with Cena vs. Sikoa, but the NXT version and yes I know the NXT version was put in a good bracket of my marking system; but compared to its main roster equivalent it looks faultless, from the perspective of it does what it is designed to do and it doesn't harm in this case Ciampa; you know clean and tidy we can move on no worries that kind of thing. But back to this recent match on the other hand Cena past recent matches haven't been exactly enjoyable to watch, I know what he is trying to do; he is trying to put over the younger talent which I get that. But you know; could we not have this character type of him being either outsmarted or beaten up by the younger talent. I know, I know there is probably or I am hoping there is a story arc upcoming soon or something for Cena may be for WrestleMania 40/2024, I should just point out that this is more speculation on my part. But just to cover my back if it doesn't happen I am going to be really annoyed, because Cena used to be called "Big Match John" I am not forcing him to wrestle neither am I forcing him to not put over younger talent, but if you are going to go out soon sometime in the future, you may want to go out a little bit like Sting and look as if you are enjoying your time what is left. My final thing is; I have to laugh when Michael Cole on commentary roughly makes this comment of; Michael Cole says in short Solo Sikoa has a star making moment, thanks to the Samoan Spike. As this match slot turned out this could have been something special for Sikoa; if you just showed more of a character wrestling repertoire then I would have agreed with the sentiments of Cole. But how things pan out I do feel that this was a a complete mess and a missed opportunity all I can do is finish off by saying; what were they thinking? But let's try to finish this content on a positive; I mean if you wanted a quick drinking game you could always down a pint every time Sikoa goes in for or/and completes the Samoan Spike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment