Thursday 23 November 2023

Average Extra of: Kevin Feige [President of Marvel Studios] speaks out after The Marvels 2023 financial disaster by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Kevin Feige [President of Marvel Studios] speaks out after The Marvels 2023 financial disaster by AverageMansReviews

Real Talking Time:

Relating content: Average Extra of: Marvel Studios & Disney have problems with the Marvel Cinematic Universe Now and Everyone Saw It Coming Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/11/average-extra-of-marvel-studios-disney.html,Average Extra of: Brie Larson Strikes Again Over The Marvels 2023 Bomb at the Box Office Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/11/average-extra-of-brie-larson-strikes.html and thenAverage Extra of: Brie Larson Fired from Disney/Marvel Studios 2023 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/11/average-extra-of-brie-larson-fired-from.html

Just a heads up: at one point or another I will be using a softer language to what I actually really mean and I really mean that in this content.

Kevin Feige; close I will try to get it spot on as transcript of what he has to say: "Everyone as a producer here at Marvel Studios, we find the negative word; word of mouth that our latest has been receiving outright offensive and irregular from our customers and common moviegoers, our goal at Marvel is not divided but to unite everyone and our best approach to that is by embracing diversity, equity, inclusion and equality into our films and television productions and our use of equality at its best, we will be doubling down on these movements to better our products in the future, we couldn't be more excited for Iron Heart, Eko and others, but support strong female in our projects and we will continue to make that the norm. What we are doing with Marvel Universe comes from our best intentions and we value story and character development over any kind of report and gender in our films and streaming programs it's my job to make sure we have our roadmap organised effectively to cater to everyone in the right time bread out over the years to evolve and adapt to the times. I find nothing wrong story and what Nia [Nia DaCosta; one of the writers/the director of The Marvels 2023 film] was able to provide in The Marvels I firmly believe that the issue we are dealing with here has much to do with certain percentage of fans that are ready for change we have our current phase and the next along with what looms beyond our expectations with Marvel Universe.

Kevin Feige goes on to conclude; "We take great pride in adapting fan favourite comics that have not been touched yet and we look forward to providing everyone with a new and different touch films like Fantastic 4 and Blade both films will embrace our usage of DEI [on a quick side note; it stands for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion] effectively to cater to everyone to make these films more reliable to our core audience and our Disney customers [another quick side note; I should just point out that Disney have the same outlook, so they very much going hand-in-hand here.

I think the best place to start is a little bit of background on myself and you will see in due course where I'm going with this: I was born with brain damage, I also have a mental health illness on top and it has been with me for since a diagnosis of 15 years I don't see it going anywhere, as of this content being created and I was diagnosed being dyslexic at 18, I am in my 40's at one point or another I have come into contact with many different people of many different backgrounds, but I should this section on this line I don't speak for everyone, but as you can see I am at minimum while experienced in life; so I will get back to this content.

Don't take a dump on my cornflakes and tell me it's chocolate: here is the reason why I said the previous section, it was to highlight that mixed in with all this knowledge and experience, I also have street smarts and this speech is just grade A ball poo.

So firstly let’s take a look at this speech: "Everyone as a producer here at Marvel Studios, we find the negative word word of mouth that our latest has been receiving outright offensive and irregular from our customers and common moviegoers" this is generally true I can't stop laughing at this statement, no I really can't every time I listen to it I cracked up laughing. Because for quite a few reasons; as film is a part of arts, media, entertainment and consumerism; by definition it is for their open up to first of all freedom of choice and if you are offended by that you are in the wrong line of work. I am not speaking for everybody, but just speaking generally if somebody of any background doesn't particularly like the way that in this case in this section of the universe is going but it could mean all, why should they come back and watch another project be it film or TV content? No seriously if they just don't like something or have strong feelings about something they have no reason to come back especially and potentially if you do it time after time, their patients may have run out they just lose interest or whatever the case may be once again it is about freedom of choice and the final one here is consumerism like it or not Hollywood or in this case Disney/Marvel Studios get this into a heads even someone that has severe brain damage seems to understand this much easier than you do. Your consumers are telling you flat out at minimum because I don't want to put in words in anyone's mouth that they are far from happy with what is happening or your current way of doing things; in a nutshell they clearly don't want to have your agenda and yes you have one shoved down their throats. I mean I don't see a problem actually I see many problems, but your consumers are just telling you; I don't have to put up with this and that is their choice hence why it isn't a problem that is how consumerism works but on the other side it is a problem because they aren't consuming what you are selling.

The next point I want to focus on; I find it difficult to digest because it is so dumb; "embracing diversity, equity, inclusion and equality into our films and television productions." I would have never said this directly; because by doing so he has now made a rod for his own back and trust me when I say from somebody that knows about equality, inclusion and diversity basically all of these words are incredibly dangerous to be bouncing around; because he has left himself wide open for criticism at any point from now until the end of time, because it just takes one smart individual like me to point out where is my diversity, where was my equality, inclusion and so on and so forth? I don't need an answer; because I know the answer, I have learnt the answer and the answer is this; you use these words to fit into a narrative and your narrative is to appease the section of our society is that scream more and besides if you want me to be comical for one moment there is only one character off that of my head which fits some of my criteria Charles Xavier/Prof. X.

I mean how dumb does Disney/Marvel Studios have to be? I have said this at one point or another in other content. But it is so important to make reference again; I have no idea why they just didn't keep their mouths shut and say absolutely nothing, I have no problem with any other ethnic background, sexuality, gender or anything other. But what they should have done is slowly over time bring in different characters of any criteria they wanted, so you could have done/they should have done a slow progression of bedding in and by doing so you would hopefully get this passing of the torch or you could have just have them slotted in and have them be themselves and move on having hopefully the same kind of chemistry but also completely different as in someone is bisexual or a lesbian I mean this respectfully either way or anyway I don't care. But I have to be completely honest I am getting fed up of the fan base getting criticised because of whatever different background you want to do with generally speaking; most of us don't have a problem with whatever [I mean whatever in a nice sense.] Would accept a character from a different background, but the problem is; the way these characters and in some cases performer [yes Brie Larson I am talking about you] they are incredibly jarring from time to time. The more I spend thinking about this the more it irritates me, because all they had to do was keep their mouth shut [ and I know I have said this once already in this content] softly move things in and out and around so in essence you are a sports team without interrupting the flow too much is essentially my concept and this is crucially important finding performers and writers that actually care for the characters and not having any gender, like I have made reference to a lot in section alone, I want writers of any gender to come out with more than what I am saying at the moment I want to see characters that are three-dimensional like for an example briefly a lesbian character which happens to have a best friend which is a man. But sadly I doubt will see any of what I have suggested as Feige has made reference to them doubling down, which is just being tone deaf, stubborn and let's just call it as it is deluded, okay they don't have to take the criticism, they don't have to listen to their fan base, but without a shadow of doubt there is one thing that any business listens to regardless if they want to or not and it is money, so okay you are going to push these projects onto us that is your prerogative but at the end of the day the box office doesn't lie and money talks.

DaCosta; one of the writers/the director of The Marvels 2023 film and including Larson; Larsson has openly said between them this film was basically set up to probably fail, which puts egg on Feige' face and yes we are ready for progression, and how dare you put it back on us when you are failing all of us regardless of ethnic background, rainbow community or/and anything other and my final point has to be our core audience and Disney customers; what the hell is this garbage? That is the point right here; you are irritating your core audience base in fact throughout this and other speeches from Larson we are to blame so I will leave this content like this; if you are irritating your loyal fan base which has been with you since 2008 which is made you lots and lots of money why are you now taking a dump on us just so you can fit in with the status quo of social politics, when you should be showing the rest of the world how it should be done properly; in essence you should be trend setters not followers.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment