Monday 5 September 2022

Wasted: Opportunities Drew McIntyre vs. Champ Roman Reigns; Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Wasted: Opportunities Drew McIntyre vs. Champ Roman Reigns; Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at  WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 by AverageMansReviews  - Spoiler Alarm!

Spoiler Alarm!/Speculation: I will be using both of these in this content, so you have been warned as this live event is not that old.

So sure it off the bat as you will see here Recommendation of: WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2022/09/recommendation-of-wwe-clash-at-castle.html I do rate this live event incredibly highly and indeed this match as well, but now we come to the problems.

The Problems: well I don't know where to start because none of these problems are exactly more in the slightest and no I'm not even dramatising this in the slightest. Why are the WWE even with a new regime in place, building up their superstars just to feed them to Roman Reigns, I mean this is something that the old regime would have done time after time after time. I mean I should have known better with the amount of in one way or another references to The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith winning the Intercontinental Championship from his family member Brett "The Hitman" Hart at the old Wembley Stadium that this wasn't going to happen here as well, but silly me I was hopeful and I still hopeful for this new regime, but let's just say this situation has seriously dented my hope for this new regime, they will have to earn my leniency back, where I originally gave them a clean slate.

I mean there were so many, many positives to why McIntyre should have won here; I am still massively struggling with why they didn't do it. It would have re-galvanised McIntyre, cemented his legacy even though I know he is still making it and it would have sent a strong message that McIntyre can now be mentioned in the same breath as Smith, he is one of Triple H's guys and more for me it would have ended this reign from Reigns in an glorious and iconic [future iconic] to be similar to the Intercontinental Match of I have already just mentioned and they could have had this fireworks ending to event yes similar to the iconic Intercontinental Match, basically they pretty much copied 70% of the 1992 match anyway as it relates to intensity and wrestling, I can't believe I'm going to say this: but even in 1992 Mr McMahon made the right choice here and not forgetting it would have brought the main championship back into consistent relevance and I don't know if the new regime know this yet, but this is Reigns reign isn't working, they are very quickly devaluing him, more and more I know for a fact I am not the only one that thinks this because I have watched content on YouTube making this point as far as I'm concerned we now have a new Brock Lesnar situation here, which I have made it crystal clear I didn't like this situation and I detest the signs of the second coming of an identical situation.

As for as I can tell there is only one person that can dethrone Reigns now, it isn't or shouldn't be Karrion Kross or if or when Cody Rhodes returns or Bray Wyatt if you thinking why shouldn't it be them? It is incredibly, so, so simple if the new regime of the WWE cannot use this glorious opportunity which happens every 30 years [like I said in the linked blog, it's almost like they should be doing this every 3 years.] So after this if they did this I wouldn't have minded so much about this outcome, I mean after watching a little bit of someone else's content McIntyre vows to win this championship and if this happens to be the case as this person in this content referenced if this was the case why didn't they do it here [on a quick side note I want to quickly say thank you to this individual for reminding me of this point.] But as things are it happens every 30 years. So by my calculation the next glorious opportunity to do this momentous title drop would be WWE WrestleMania 39/Night 2 Sunday 02/04/2023 in Hollywood where the real Chief returns  Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vs. Champ "The Tribal Chief" Roman Reigns for this Championship. I know somewhere in my history I have put across this idea once before I know this figure is a controversial figure nowadays and yes I am far from keen on him but having "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan as The Special Guest Referee for this match wouldn't be such a bad idea as we are in Hollywood, but you also has history with The Rock after they had a legendary match at WrestleMania X8/18/2002.

Then at WWE SummerSlam 2022 we could have Cody Rhodes vs. Champ The Rock and the WWE could really built around these two wrestlers being legacy wrestlers where Rhodes is victorious and his family's dream is recognised by holding up the biggest championship in all of sports entertainment and The Rock putting him over giving him the championship and raising his arm/hand.

Whatever happens between now and WrestleMania criticism will have to be asked and I include myself. As far as I'm concerned they have backed themselves into a corner where if anyone now takes the championship off Reigns be for WrestleMania I will be picking up Triple H's sledgehammer using it at any point from now until the biggest stage of the more in wrestling and saying " Okay it wasn't okay for you to do this momentous championship drop at this massive stadium which you only do this kind of thing every 30 years, but it was absolutely fine for you to drop the championship here at this time, that in comparison this is a mediocre event at best and I do stress in comparison."

To be perfectly honest I would be very happy not to see Roman Reigns again until WWE Royal Rumble 2023. Whilst I am being honest it is very clear to me now that the WWE thinks very little of the UK market based on this screwed up opportunity, the complete ending of this match and event it felt like watching WWE TV programming when I used to watch it or even when I don't watch it it still has that presentation. If you are thinking once again "Calm down it was one match regardless if it was 30 years and you are exaggerating, about them not caring about the UK market."To that I say " we have been waiting 30 years for this, McIntyre didn't win the championship and every single British wrestler on this card lost their match, I mean I even took the time to research if Dakota Kai was British in the smallest hope she was British, but she isn't she is from New Zealand. So they couldn't even give us a home region win to be happy about, I mean I would have taken this into consideration like "Oh well at least we had a win on this card."

So it is very clear to see/read this live event will forever be associated with how this new regime momentously screwed things up here let me just say this one more time if they had given us a wrestler from his home region picking up a win I would have been still disappointed, but okay we got something. I have a feeling that my memory is going to remember this live event as forever a sore subject as well, because as we speak it still makes me very angry and let's just say I lost my mind and not in a good way either, I mean I put softer version of what I mean like fudge in my content when I feel it is appropriate. But in this case it would be much easier and quicker to say the air was very blue for some time after this. I mean the ending of this match [see I told you this was going to be a sore subject every time I think about it; it just winds me up; they could have pulled this antics at any other time but not now at this momentous occasion I was going to give this 10/10 at one point in the link at the top but after everything is said and done it had to settle for 8/10,] I think I will leave it there.


No comments:

Post a Comment