Friday 27 September 2024

Average Extra of: Joker: Folie à Deux 2024 & Let's Talk About Its Growing Concerns by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Joker: Folie à Deux 2024 & Let's Talk About Its Growing Concerns by AverageMansReviews

Heavy Warning: there will be using adult censored language, but probably more than I usually do.

Real Talking Time:

"Why so serious?": I find it absolutely hilarious that regardless of where you sit on this subject matter the vast majority of you are just being fudgin' idiots, honestly just fudgin' idiots; Because I have been around content creating for many years. So obviously I have learned many things, such as for those people that are releasing/discussing the projections of this sequel financially as it relates to pre-sale tickets, yes absolutely I would take these figures on board if they aren't great, then they aren't great. But because I am a logical individual, I can also put a little discrepancy in this; by saying people could and possibly are still very much interested in Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 which there are three very interesting facts to consider; 1; this film as of this content being first created has made over $1.3 billion at the box office [I have seen it four times and it is still showing in cinemas; incidentally both of these projects have the same budget of $200 million, but I digress;] this comic book target audience and after smashing success of this sequel could now be just a little bit burned out and before you come out with " But they come from two different comic book companies." Yes this is very true also a very stupid comment to make, because more often than not yes there are some people may or may not prefer one company over the other, but broadly speaking you are hitting the same/similar target audience and as I have just said they could be burnt out.

2; the word of mouth over for the past 10 days has been at best mixed and worst highly sceptical as soon as it is discovered that it was going to be a musical of some description [I will talk about this more later on in this content,] so people may be just waiting to see what the word of mouth is after something have seen this film for themselves before other people pay money for a ticket. 3; the sequel factor as in was there enough interest in even considering bringing this sequel to life? For me saying yes [but before I have the keyboard warriors after me,] I would highlight a big concern over a potential niche audience; so either go big or go home or don't bother. Because this sequel has every possibility just to get crushed by the success of Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 and this would be a fair comparison from the perspective of okay both comic book companies regardless of who owns what rights, have been going through a rough patch but Marvel Studios comes out with Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 yet DC comes out with Joker: Folie à Deux 2024, so essentially what I'm saying is okay Deadpool & Wolverine 2024 have basically said okay that is what we have so we lay the gauntlet down you Joker: Folie à Deux 2024; bring whatever you have to the big screen yes it can be absolutely different, but make it stand out and go with a bang instead of a water pistol which the more I am looking into this sequel Joker is more than likely what we are looking at.

Trailer; I have seen one short trailer in a cinema, but today researching this content I decided to look for a longer trailer and I found one which roughly goes on for 170 seconds, so that is that will be the one I will now be discussing.

But even before we talk about the trailer; we need to talk about the colossal elephant in the room and the first very big, gigantic problem even Galactus himself would say "Even I Galactus the eater of worlds am struggling to swallow that." One minute this sequel is meant to be a musical and the next minute it isn't a musical. So what they fudge is it then? For the people that are wondering why I am annoyed by this; it is frankly 101 of how to market your film before its release, which is priceless free advertising from the perspective of word of mouth, so even from the very beginning it doesn't look good forget about the trailer for a second, if the people that have worked on this film don't know what genre or genres to put it into then how in the hell are you going to get people engaged in this sequel? I should point out one key factor I have looked on some websites and yes guess what word they have used as it relates to the categories of genres; yes absolutely it says "Musical" amongst other genres, so if it looks like a musical and vaguely sounds like a musical then guess what it is; it is a fudgin' musical.

But let's move on shall we then don't worry they aren't getting off that easy; regardless of short or long trailer; they both look like dark Theatre productions which also feeds into the idea that this is going to be some kind of musical. I should point out with some clarity until I was told or it was indicated I didn't know it was going to be a musical and I will explain why; because yes it looks like a musical, but and this is another big problem at best they vaguely sing, I have said vaguely sing, because it is a mixture between singing and/or talking and just talking. I mean the more I spend even researching this content or/and doing this content; the more I think this is just going to be a fudgin' mess.

I mean, I was even on board for them to do a musical to put over basically the Joker, Harley Quinn and eventually; their connection; in a highly artistic, complex and intellectual manner; to bring an alternative perspective on this really layered relationship. I think in hindsight well definitely in hindsight I potentially may have gave them too much credit for thinking outside of the box, yes I have my ticket to see this sequel, so my opinion may or may not change, but if it isn't either something complex or graphic then I am going to be fuming and finally in someone else's content they made reference to something to the effect of people I am paraphrasing here not being settled on Lady Gaga which I found something in the trailer I really didn't like and now I can't stop hearing it/because it isn't there, if you know Harley Quinn she has a very distinctive New York on a little bit of research just to make sure it is a Brooklyn accent, which I knew this already; but we just have Lady Gaga as talking or singing in a normal voice for her; Additionally: I have just seen a clip of this film on The Graham Norton Show on Friday 13/09/2024 and she is literally just talking without no hint of a Brooklyn accent so I am not already best pleased, I mean it took me some time to remember, but the only time that Quinn didn't have a Brooklyn accent is in Birds of Prey 2002 TV series which went on for 13 Episodes [which as you can see by my tags I have watched every episode, so if you want to get a flavour of that TV program go and have a look.]

So I guess the final question is the big one; do I see this sequel making money? Before I did my research, I would have been saying yes with a comfortable profit of $200 million to $300 million on top of that budget of $200 million so altogether may be about $500 million. But back in reality; after what I have heard [which are factors/variables] and viewing a longer trailer; I think this sequel at best from its entire run at the cinema. How can I put this nicely? At best they can hope and pray for their budget back, which I should just say for the record I don't want this to be the case. But as I have clearly shown in this content alone; for me there are just too many red flags already, so in theory let's just go with the argument of this project gets the green light to go ahead; what should have been a relatively big money film based on the Joker, Quinn and Arkham Asylum is more than likely going to be a titanic level of experience for everyone involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment