Tuesday 6 August 2024

Inside Out 2 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Inside Out 2 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/breaking. Disclaimer this should be noted, that anything I say in this content is not meant in a derogatory manner, I just nicely tell it as it is.

In hindsight I really don't like this sequel: briefly; Inside Out 2015 Link our story continues Riley [voiced by Kaitlyn Dias:] she is now 13 years old and sooner or later she is going to go through puberty, which will bring a whole new range of emotions on top of the ones she previously had such as Anxiety [Maya Hawke:] she is orange and she will make Riley do some strange things. But meanwhile Riley has this great opportunity with her friends to spend a weekend crying out for this woman's hockey team the Fire Hawks.

Generally speaking: the script, the framework and pacing frankly everything to do with this sequel is a mixture between a paint by numbers approach with cherry picking what they want to take with a updated computer animation and palate. So let's just get down to business; I mean there is no greater substance in the script whatsoever, it comes from the outlay of basically learning more about yourself and come to realise you did wrong by the end of the film that is basically it and on top of that Riley's first set of emotions go on a journey to save her from the new set of emotions; which no surprise me is this sequel insufferably boring as it goes on for roughly 96 minutes [and that is 96 minutes of my life I won't get back.]

The character developments obviously follow their character names, but what I found particularly jarring [ and this is me pretty nicely] so Riley begins her puberty, so question why oh why is there not one mention all reference to periods, I mean this is why I got concerned when I heard that this sequel will is coming out, because I had a feeling they wouldn't have that grapefruits to discuss or make references to periods or anything of natural growth and consequently of substance. I know, I know that the target audience is meant for families, so you can't be too direct, but at the same time if you're going to have female lead character, you can't really, scratch that you shouldn't neglect a right of passage for a teenager girl/woman, I mean they did partially to the emotional side, without doing the physical evolution and they clearly show in this sequel what happens if you don't discuss where you're headed at. So even though the man I am and I will put this nicely furious at the fact that I know I have said this once already, but they have cherry picked what they want from a woman's development stage and as someone with mental health issues, I find it incredibly irritating that they think this kind of mental problem is just quickly resolved by sitting down and slowing down in one sitting. It has to be said if they deal with these stages/issues of mental health this badly, I can't wait to come back in a decade for the sequel to this film where she could be 18 and possibly dealing with having sex, sexual identity and all of that, I mean could you imagine it; seeing these personality representations hanging on to the consul whilst Ripley is having sex. Even though I am mocking this; my serious point was if they can glide over this kind of personal development at this stage, I wouldn't hold my breath to see how they would handle the rest, if they dare come out with a sequel [please don't] and for the voice performances they are all good.

This sequel is not particularly comical either, as I made reference to the computer animation/art has been upgraded with a striking and colourful palette which can be easily illustrated by the creation of this flower [yes it does have a name, but full disclosure I have forgotten it, apologies.] But I can give you a rough description of it; it is a flower of Ripley's self value, without giving too much away any version of this flower is very much worth highlighting as artistically and its value in this sequel is of imagination yet vitally important [I am aware that I have said that the character developments amongst other things are straightforward,] but this flower shows what is possible, we just don't see much of it being used and for the action in a nutshell we have the original personalities sliding down these many memory; this is colourful and a solidly entertaining action sequence.

This film receives: 3/10, this is poor; I mean on reflection I had to take off the mark, that is how much this sequel in its entirety has annoyed me, this is not one of those films that you can learn from or see things differently. We also have one extra scene whilst the first lot of credit are simultaneously coming down the other side of the screen followed by little drawings around the ending credits  and then another extra scene at the end of the credits. As things stand right now this film has 1 Nominee award accredited to it in the form of Golden Trailer Awards 2024 Golden Trailer Best Animation/Family

 

No comments:

Post a Comment