Monday 1 April 2024

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 53 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 53 by AverageMansReview

Just a heads up: I will be discussing things freely but as always softening my language.

WWE & All Elite Wrestling: I haven't done this for a long time, because it is a mixture between I have different departments to put wrestling content in and time. But I have been feeling this way for some time now and don't worry I will continue producing wrestling content, that isn't in question here. But as I have said or indicated in other content I have like more or less switched off about this upcoming WrestleMania, if you think it is because we are not getting Rock vs. Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship it has something but little to do with it; it is so much more to do with how toxic this whole situation got and still remains to be in its entirety, I mean I have heard that there is friction between the locker room and Rock as it relates to he can do or say what he likes when he likes, whilst the rest of the locker room minus a few other names as well, so I am of the mindset that even you allow all your rosters the same kind of freedom and basic guidelines, like if they could stay away from the big adult words that would be useful or if not your big names should be setting an example for the rest of the locker rooms to follow. But as it relates to Rock I am also seen proof today of him continuing the be down of Rhodes on 25/03/2024 Raw after being informed they had gone off air, now on one hand obviously they could use this extra content next week or some other time or at minimum made reference to it, which is reasonable. But if they don't, it isn't the greatest look for Rock as for a little while now I have also heard from the film industry that Rock has cultivated a reputation of pushing his weight around and the more I see or hear of Rock doing this kind of things, the WWE are going to have a much bigger Rock problem, but then again I have also seen on a social media platform people praising him for being a pro wrestler, which if they don't use this extra content this action is not being a pro wrestler; it turns more into somebody stroking their ego; but for now we will have to wait and see. You're aware that either option they choose to go with Reigns or Rhodes as champion the WWE are going to have problems; because they have ran the Reigns/Bloodline to into the ground and as someone pointed out online and I am delighted that there are more people out there thinking like me where would you do with Rhodes after this? Because his whole story has been finish the story, what do you do after that? I mean I have completely checked out of this main event is situation because frankly it is a load of bull shish kebab, that is the price of building up scenarios without a payoff like McIntyre for one example eventually when or if you choose to have a momentous championship drop/switch no one is going to give me fudge

I mean just having a quick look on the men's side of Mania regardless of either night I eventually have very little interest in; no really, the ladder match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships and the triple threat for the WWE Universal Championship and  Zayn vs. Walter for his WWE Intercontinental Championship; will be good but we all know this spot should have been Gable's; if Zayn wins here I will be absolutely fuming, hopefully Gable costs him the win and Knight vs. Styles should be good as well; but it could very easily just being main event of SmackDown and I have no interest in seeing Jey vs. Jimmy and I have indicated as much for some time now Little to No Interest in seeing this at potentially WWE WrestleMania 40/2024? - Spoilers Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/09/little-to-no-interest-in-seeing-this-at.html

So the female side of things is much stronger, but for one little detail or actually two details; so the WWE don't yet trust Jade Cargill which is on his based on she has been positioned around 5 women that knows what the WWE is expected of them, so it covers up any of Cargill's weaknesses. I mean Cargill looked so much better in AEW, because they protected her not only in a wrestling sense but also a promo sense, because yes she did speak in AEW, but because of her presentation it was easier to cover up her weaknesses on the mic, which is honestly true I didn't notice until last Friday's SmackDown 29/03/2024 her main roster debut which yes looked good, but a complete waste of time and if you want to make her look like a big deal I would have waited until after Mania, because regardless of shows everyone knows a week after this massive event the crowds are notoriously mental so this is a wasted opportunity and obviously the second detail is so these WWE Women's Tag Team Championships aren't worth shish kebab as they owned being defended by The Kabuki Warriors: Asuka & Kairi Sane.

Now we move on to AEW; we need is serious conversation Tony Khan, I like your promotion, but stop getting into back and forths with people, in particular Eric Bischoff, I mean I know of it this time around I haven't looked into it, but if it is like your previous conversations just don't bother, I mean I have run ins with people on social media and that will discuss them later, but for here and now I say my bit and eventually but let's go. Moving on to Jack Perry; I don't like the guy either, because on the biggest night of AEW's history at AEW: All In 2023 he went into business for himself, just for the record if he did it at any other pay-per-view I would have been annoyed gave him a suspension and moving on, but as this was the biggest event in AEW history it was hardly the right time to have a public outburst on a massive stage. But whatever is happening between you two right now, I will tell you from an outsider's perspective, it is hardly a good look for you TK. Because I know of one other wrestling promoter that used to do this kind of shish kebab of having a wrestler's contract and either not intending to use them or not allowing them to go and be released, I should point out yes I am aware of allegedly [grey area] apparently there were conversations to bring Perry back before WWE Survivor Series 2023 where Punk made his return and it kicked it all off again. Because TK blames Perry for losing Punk and the more content I hear about this situation, the more it sounds like TK would have let Punk get away with mostly anything which is really fudgin' embarrassing and sad, let me remind you TK everyone including myself repeatedly warned you about the dangers of hiring Punk and you just didn't listen, yes Punk may be a big draw, but he is not worth the backstage aggravation and let me remind you he spent more time on the injury list them being a actual champion; so in a nutshell working it out with Perry or release him; this garbage is not a good look for your promotion; your promotion that said they were going to be different; but you are actively dealing with Perry in the same way that Mr. McMahon if anyone crossed him; it is just a shame you wouldn't show those kind of grapefruits to Punk.

The problem is I am seeing déjà vu with TK and Mercedes Moné where he has said she can be the face of AEW and I am sitting there going hold on; wait just one fudgin' second she has literally been in the door for one second and you already putting her on a pedestal, above those that have worked their posterior off day in and day out, especially on the women's side of things where they don't get were have never gotten any real screen time. That is massively disrespectful and incredibly rude, considering Moné even before her first on TV appearance indicated she will probably end her career in WWE [once again yes I am aware since this has come out; she meant it in no disrespect.] But having said this; how was she expecting us to take it? I mean really; you sign this contract worth millions and let me get this right so far you have indicated the following; one day you want to be back in the WWE, some promos/sit down interview and TV appearances on you want to be in AEW to make it a global brand and minus a scuffle, but not in a booked wrestling match yet, I know I have said this before but whatever TK is paying her it just isn't worth it, she can't even give a good promo, yes I know she is young but however unlike Cargill [debut in 2021] Moné's debut was in 2010 so by my rough calculations that is 14 years and she still can't deliver a remotely good promo, okay she can deliver one that gets the job done, but that is about it and let's face it she just isn't a big draw.

Finally let's talk about the fan base of these two promotions: I am getting fed up with the toxic nature of wrestling fans, now don't misunderstand me, I can handle it, but at the same time why should I have to receive abuse, about for an example the last time someone called me fat, when it has nothing to do with wrestling itself and you call yourself wrestling fans, while that is bull shish kebab, I stand by everything I have said about the current main event as it relates to the WWE and the current Moné developments. Get this through your thick heads the more wrestling promotions we have, the more better the wrestling industry becomes. Like me or hate me I don't give a fudge, but if you have lived through the monopolisation of the WWE when WCW sold/closed to the WWF/E in 2001, the subsequent years were the dark days of wrestling, as I have said many times. So revelling in AEW struggling currently is just stupidity, I mean I feel bad for TNA at the moment, because through all their hard work just to come back to then go through basically another upheaval in a nutshell is just really bad timing and whilst I'm on the subject for those that say I am a diehard AEW fan but spent all day everyday revelling in their struggle, can I just say you need to go and get a life as at the end of the day we are talking about people's livelihoods, I know TK isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I do think he is trying to make the industry better, even though sometimes he leaves himself open for criticism. But I don't know about everyone else, but all I want is a vibrant wrestling industry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment