Thursday 1 February 2024

Recommendation of: WWE Royal Rumble 2024 by AverageMansReviews -Spoiler Alarm!

Recommendation of: WWE Royal Rumble 2024 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/blood/Adult language, anything I am about to say is based on fact, meaning if this didn't happen I wouldn't be discussing it and to keep up with the seriousness of their surroundings situation, I will keep it in this section. I want to know who thought it was a good idea in the first place to have Hulk Hogan be in a video package relatively near to the beginning of this event? Now including what has recently transpired with Mr. McMahon and these allegations, you would think someone would have the bright idea to withdraw this video package? Additional we have another Hogan appearance in yet another video but this time doing some advertising for St. Pete Clearwater Florida and then after that why not have him appear again for the third time in an advertising for 2K24 and just for the record I know, I know they have to satisfy their sponsors and all that, but still it is Hulk Hogan. As it has the odour of being tone deaf to have not one but two controversial figures recently be in the headlines or/and making an appearance in some fashion and not forgetting a video package talking about the numbers for the Royal Rumble, before our main event of the men's equivalent. I make reference to it being tone deaf, because it feels/gives off the impression of "Business as normal." I was like sucking air in between my teeth when I saw this and no I'm not being a snowflake, I am talking about from a PR/public image perspective, it just doesn't look good and it didn't really start off this event to well and finally in this section yes I know the results, let's just say I have been working on so much content and in one way or another there will be softer adult gestures or/and words which have been censored by me, but you still get what I am trying to say and I am not or ever likely to be a professional wrestler.

Women's Royal Rumble Match; 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match for a Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania XL/2024: Michael Cole makes reference to TNA and later they're not being 2 Royal Ramble winners in the match and this is another case of the WWE rewriting the history, all I am going to say is Cole go and look at 1994 and then controversially in 2000 [I know if I don't include the 2000 match/slot, I will be leaving myself open for people to come out and point this out to me, so there you are I have done it for you people already.] Then much later we have some idiot from the crowd aiming a comment at Nia Jax involving Bayley, Vickie Guerrero and her [yes I have hearing like a bat, but having said that I can't make fully out what this individual says, but you can tell when he shouted it out it isn't complimentary or let's just say at minimum anything to do with appropriate heckling or heel crowd response and even though I am not a fan of Jax; nobody deserves this] and he even gets a mention on commentary. But back to business and wrestling Jax's still can't wrestle as she can't even slam Piper Niven on to her usual tag team partner Chelsea Green and likewise this got referenced on commentary something like she didn't get all that. But Green is a big contributing factor to the mark I will assign this match slot based on her naturally looking comedy spots and this slot would be getting something less if it wasn't because of her and on top of that we have a male superstar involved in this match/match slot which I very much don't like at all; it is the womens time to shine so I am just highlighting again that Green makes a big impact in this slot for this match slot to receive what it receives. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. LA Knight vs. Champ The Bloodline's Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Fatal Four-Way Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: it is always good to see a Slim Jim's commercial [I know; due to this black cloud hanging over this promotion which I have already discussed previously we weren't possibly going to have any Slim Jim's involvement] and we even have the commentary team putting Slim Jim's over, in that kind of that apologetic/grovelling manner. Cole made reference to the elephant in the room; as I am paraphrasing but something to the effect of we love to hear the discussion about Roman Reigns only defending the championship every few months and to that I say beat him and Corey Graves agreeing with him and chipping in with people may complain and basically putting over Reigns. This is just so very, very stupid comment and it feels like a flying of the bird to those that don't like this and I am talking from the perspective of; so you want someone to beat Reigns? The reason why I have called this a very, very stupid comment; is because you know [I am referring to Cole here] you know this is scripted right? So you have put out a kayfabe question as this is isn't scripted, it just comes off really dumb and intentionally fuelling the flames of disharmony and that is something that this promotion doesn't need right now [and I don't care if it is Cole and Graves talking about this or if these lines are being fed through these headsets; my prospective is still very much valid.] Okay there are four competitors in this match so everyone gets 25% chance of winning this match, but someone on commentary makes this stupid point of Reigns should get 26% at some point; talk about Rick Steiner maths and even though I am relatively at the beginning of this match I am already getting fed up with the commentary team being up Reigns posterior. This is where I should point out in fairness and balance the commentary team actually spoke about the other three performers, including Reigns getting told he sucks and booing with a few giving the bird. Reigns delivers this back body drop and Styles takes a hard landing/bump on his shoulder/arm; that is what you need more of your top stars on the shelf WWE. Cole made reference to there being a lot of ones being shown; but you get a mixture of which one; between the first finger and the second if you look quickly and booing, I am sure Cole is and was trying to make lemonade out of some lemons here.

Okay I just heard a sound I didn't want to hear Styles delivered variety of a neck breaker to Knight, but it was Styles in pain, Cole picks up on this on commentary as well. I can't say too much here, I will have to put it in another series but all I can say is; this match slot was going to get 10/10, but instead it is going to get what it rightly deserves and be happy it doesn't get given anything less, then we have Graves saying something to the effect of Reigns is savouring every moment [but on reality it looks confused.] But the crowd gives us the this is awesome chant; I mean really you were booing not so long ago. I hope Styles is okay? I know it looked like a planned spot for him to basically go up and attempt to intercept Reigns with the phenomenal elbow, but instead he took the top rope right across at best the chest which is okay nice and safe or as safe as it can be and where it should be, or at worst somewhere around the neck, but he does continue the match. I really want to say more, but I really can't hear, so for now I will just stop talking and move on to the next match/match slot. This match/match slot receives: 4/10.

Kevin Owens vs. Champ Logan Paul; Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship: Cole makes a blooper but also corrects himself bringing out Owens has a broken arm, then after doing some sponsorship things, he says basically hand. Later on Paul goes over the top rope to deliver a clothesline of sorts to Owens, but Cole makes reference to it hitting Owens around the back of the head and I am like how? Can Paul stop using the buckshot lariat, it either doesn't go well or sloppy or it doesn't look right [full disclosure I don't see it fully this time as there is glitch, to update this they show the replay.] This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Men's Royal Rumble Match; 30-Men Royal Rumble Match for a Men's Championship Match at WrestleMania XL/2024: likewise from Styles earlier taking this spot involving the ring ropes, I know Shinsuke Nakamura is okay but he takes a crossroads from Cody Rhodes threw the ring ropes; it does look okay I was just thinking I would bring this up just in case someone came back to me and said you didn't point this out and so on and so forth. We have Graves pointing out something to the effect of I was expecting at least some of that Kofi Kingston rumble magic, but it didn't turn out to be the case [I will tell you later why I have made note of this.] This Rumble Match takes forever to get going and when I say get going I mean literally halfway, on top of that we don't get any Kingston magic, giving an unnecessary spot to somebody and on top of that we have R-Truth; giving us his usual standard of shtick when he wants Dominik Mysterio into the actual Rumble Match, moving on we have another this is awesome chant, I beg to differ. But later on we have CM Punk using adult word which can be clearly heard for here I will just say the word is manure after he hits a well-established and well-known finisher. I have to be honest yes things did liven up roughly halfway through, but this match slot is very dull and it is very much a run-of-the-mill. This match/match slot receives: 5/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 5/10, Wow let's begin as a standalone wrestling event, as you can see it was adequate. But as this was to signify as it always is to begin WrestleMania season. This was absolutely manure; if this is the standard of things to come over at the very least maybe over two months, it is going to be long and incredibly boring. But at least I get to watch some quality wrestling next Sunday 04/02/2024 coming from NXT Vengeance Day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment