Friday 19 January 2024

There is One Big Problem If Reigns takes over Hogan in the WWF/WWE Record Books as Reigning Main Champion by AverageMansReviews

There is One Big Problem If Reigns takes over Hogan in the WWF/WWE Record Books as Reigning Main Champion by AverageMansReviews

Warning Disclaimer: I am not defending Hulk Hogan, I am just simply talking about wrestling; wrestling and nothing more then I will be brutally honest.

What if Reigns overtook Hogan?: because when this content was first created he is probably standing at 1,234 days as champion and considering once again as things stand he won't be showing up that often; WWE Royal Rumble and I am guessing but a good guess sometime around WrestleMania 40/2024, which I am hoping he will lose this whole entire thing has well and truly dried out like the Sahara Desert and you know what is really annoying me? He has only defended his championship roughly over 50 times [I have phrased it this way it can go up and I would still be correct.]

Meanwhile Hulk Hogan as the WWF Champion 1,474 days with 171 defences, so why should Reigns overtake Hogan? I know there is the day is the length obviously, but when Hogan has a much superior defence record, no I am not a Hogan guy especially when I deem him to be a fraud, but I am a statistics guy I mean I know it is a different world compared to Hogan's run here, so for an example and a reasonable example if Reigns had 100 defences, I would be more amicable and let's not forget I have forgotten the last time Reigns actually defended and won clean. If the WWE are once again trying to rewrite their history, may I remind them just off the top of my head; there are a number of individuals you may want to cleanse out in the history first; Mr. McMahon and Donald Trump just for starters.

But we all knew that this was going to be a problem eventually, because I have said repeatedly I get it, it was never in Reigns' gimmick to build up anyone around him, but the consequences of where we are now, in my honest opinion there can be only one that can beat Reigns now and that would be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and it will be at WrestleMania 40/2024 and for those fans of Cody Rhodes that boat as well and truly sunk.

Back to my original point; Reigns may eventually take over Hogan, but as I have already illustrated there will be a massive question-mark against his record as in; in fairness and balance  should be, because you can't just have double digits whilst the person you are taking over has triple digits of defences, in fact it makes Reigns incredibly weak as a champion, but if the truth was known I am past caring about this situation, no I'm not even angry if you have been around wrestling long enough, you should know of this stage where you get to the point and you have completely checked out, that is where I am with this situation, I just can't wait until it is over in any capacity now. I mean they could have even built a storyline where on his 99th defence to make it sentry of 100 defences he comes up short, I mean that would even be a better storyline wrinkle and something I would be willing to acknowledge, but at this going rate we would have to wait another may be 1000 days and that isn't worth it and finally it doesn't matter if it is Hogan or anyone else for that matter Reigns has a very weak/poor defence record anyway, I mean if you just take over Hogan; does Reigns actually deserved that privilege/accolade and I would have to say no.

I mean before I receive backlash for this; in comparison Walter as the WWE Intercontinental Champion has only defended this championship 15 times when this content was first created and he is now the proud owner of the longest record standing at well over 580 days, but in that time he is really put The prestige back into this championship as when he defends it, he defends it with his life and honour, ironically they have done everything with Walter and this championship that they should have been doing with Reigns and his championship run, So if anything this just proves, it depends how you want your champion and championship to be presented really? I mean that is food for thought really.

No comments:

Post a Comment