Wednesday 24 January 2024

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Update on the WWE and Netflix beginning in 2025 by AverageMansReviews

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Update on the WWE and Netflix beginning in 2025 by AverageMansReviews

Related Content: Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: WWE finds a New Home in 2025 based on information on 23/01/2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/01/reactionary-to-wrestling-news-of-wwe_24.html

Well that is a lot of money: it has came to light today that it wasn't $400 million, it was just a little bit more Oh I don't know, just a little number of $500 million per year and for the next 10 years, so yes if you are in good numbers that means 5 Billion Dollars. But it should be noted that Netflix has some clauses/options they could cancel after the first 5 years or extended the deal for another 10 years so the term of their contract could be anything from 5 years to 20 years, which with all these different numbers, it is insane. Raw currently airs on the US Network which is owned by NBCUniversal which as I said yesterday or in the related content is roughly $250 million-$260 million, which as it is also being indicated they may have a tiny extension because their current deal ends in October this year and as January 2025 would be roughly 3 months away; this in a nutshell is tremendous business, business, business. The wrestling industry was due another shakeup anyway, it happened in 2019 when All Elite Wrestling and it happens again in 2025. On a separate topic but connecting topic, I would like to think that the WWE on getting this massive cash injection are now less likely to do these massive batches of releases, yes once again I know it is a part of the wrestling business and I still expect to see them now and again, but few and far between would be nice, considering without being disrespectful to any wrestler or/and other personnel or other the WWE bringing in so much money that having one or two individuals in one sitting just finishing up their contract isn't going to financially harm the WWE as a whole, so just let them finish up their contract as they still have to feed their family and so on and so forth and even before this massive financial injection by know they were already financially sound anyway, there was no need for it in the first place but my point being now, if it wasn't necessary then it is definitely not necessary now, but we are talking about the same promotion that under its previous regime released or furloughed people through a global pandemic, so regardless if this is a new regime or not I would personally or my breath.

But back to our previews main topic; I don't know the ins and outs but I'm going to have an educated guess here and say a lot of good things happening to the WWE is because of one Nick Khan is President of WWE [part of TKO Group Holdings;] which I know for a couple of examples; it was his idea to change the Premium Live Events day from a Sunday to Saturday which makes it a lot easier to watch if afterwards you are still on the weekends and his idea to explore different places such as Backlash 2023 from Puerto Rico, I have to say it; unlike Mr. McMahon at least Nick Khan is willing to try new things to make more money or/including trying to do his best for the WWE instead of feeding his own ego so putting the WWE first, I'm going to leave this content on a bombshell; I am 100% certain without Nick Khan the WWE couldn't have moved things on or/and moved onto this massive world shaking and world forming [ on how we consume content,] because let's be completely honest Paul Levesque a.k.a. Triple H and his cast with or without Stephanie McMahon were desperately trying to take the WWE forward, but as most of us would know they were constantly butting heads with Mr. McMahon, so basically at the moment it seemed like they have a good thing going Khan does the business side and Levesque his cast does the wrestling side and yes I have no doubt they sometimes even meet in the middle and/or overlap.

Now finished this content off; it looks like I should just quickly mention to the general consensus of wrestling fans out there on social media; tribalism is a waste of time, yes as I have repeatedly said I have partaken in some of it, when the WWE/NXT was sent out to take on AEW: Dynamite and if you around back then the WWE thought something to the effect of we don't see them as a threat or we would come along and crushed them, but things didn't exactly turn out that way and I have long-standing issue with Mr. McMahon, but considering he is now basically in no position of great power, I myself have calmed down a lot; so in summary here I just want the wrestling industry to do well as a whole and if you're around way back when we just had the WWE without WCW I know, I know we had TNA. But my point being is I would greatly prefer not to go back to those dark days of basically the WWE, because without any competition they became lazy and they would just dark days; so I would very much like to continue having this newest golden era of wrestling; so try not to be too much of a heel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment