Friday 29 December 2023

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Shawn Spears leaving AEW 28/12/2023 by AverageMansReviews

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Shawn Spears leaving AEW 28/12/2023 by AverageMansReviews

Speculation warning: there will be speculation at one point or another in this content.

Shawn Spears' announcement: "What a wonderful time it has been.

Thank you

@AEW

for allowing me to be there from the ground level. It’s been a fantastic 5 years of growth and personal development.

This is a personal choice and one that is best for me and my family at this time.

Thank you to all, staff and talent alike for the memories

#10"

But this was not the only announcement roughly 3 days ago it was announced that Spears and his wife Cassie Lee a.k.a. WWE's Peyton Royce are expecting their second child

My reaction is: firstly and this is completely based on speculation on my part; it is understandable based on his wife being pregnant, I would like to wish them the best for all of that and the future.

Secondly; back to wrestling; I do think they did dropped the ball with him in AEW especially what with Spears being associated with Tully Blanchett or/and a member of The Pinnacle but then again even though I like AEW they do have a habit of dropping the ball with so many of their talents. I mean obviously I mean this respectfully am not saying Spears should have been in the main event picture, but at the very least either/or both a AEW TNT Champion or/and a AEW World Tag Team Championship holder with Wardlow. Spears has proven himself to be a solid workhorse so he should have been given the opportunity to hold the championship to see what he could do.

Since this news has broken I have already started to see the speculation wheel start turning basically that he will probably go back to the WWE and give it time he probably will, as he is good friends with Cody Rhodes, or who knows he may want a new challenge at TNA. But wherever he calls home next it is clear they will be getting a Mr. Reliable, this would be the second workhorse/reliable wrestler that AEW for whatever reason has parted ways with, yes this didn't escape my notice; the first was QT Marshall, if I had to speculate who is going to be the next one to go for me my money is on Scorpio Sky.

But back to Spears; thanks for doing your part to make AEW thrive and apologies for not given any form of a championship.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment