Friday 17 November 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Full Gear 2023 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Full Gear 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: I began working on this content on Tuesday 14/11/2023 and even though it is not completed yet this pay-per-view looks messy and difficult to book the right or/and beneficial for all concerned in their match slots.

Zero Hour Match:

Bullet Club Gold's The Gunns: Austin & Colton Gunn vs. the AEW World Champion & one half of the ROH World Champion MJF & mystery partner; so he can/they can defend these championships here; the ROH World: Tag Team Championships: my pick is MJF and his mystery partner. I do believe that it relates to this match slot MJF's tag team partner will be a surprise and because of this we will see this individual at this pay-per-view or do the last minute hot tag in, it will probably be Samoa Joe, so in return he can have another shot at MJF for his AEW World Championship at some point down the line.

Toni Storm [with Luther] vs. Champ Hikaru Shida; Singles Match for the AEW Women's World Championship: my pick is Hikaru Shida. On one hand I know this match will be good, but on the other hand I don't think it should be happening right now. Yes Storm is more than likely going to use this loss as fuel for her character with it being another tragedy and make lemonade out of lemons; it just seems unnecessary at this point. Storm could also do with some muscle in her new gimmick which I would recommend "The Natural Director" Dusty Rhodes; he would fit in perfectly as a previous gimmick was massively into films at points; Goldust in the WWF/WWE. [Yes I know when I first came up with this concept it was before Rhodes had said his part.]

Sting, Darby Allin & Adam Copeland [with Ric Flair] vs. the AEW TNT Champion Christian Cage, Luchasaurus & Nick Wayne; Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is Sting, Darby Allin & Adam Copeland [with Ric Flair.] Simply put; this should just be a case of pay-per-view victory debuts for Copeland and Flair.

The Blackpool Combat Club's  Jon Moxley vs. Champ The Best Friends' Orange Cassidy; Singles Match for the AEW International Championship: my pick is The Blackpool Combat Club's  Jon Moxley. This is another match slot that I question, because yes likewise it will be good, I know they have been building up to this, but once again likewise I'm not sure if it has to happen right now. Because I hope I am wrong with my pick here, because Cassidy deserves to pick up the W here or hopefully they have a long-term storyline in place where Cassidy eventually wins back this championship and earns the respect of the BCC possibly joining them as he can hang with them, you know something like this so that there is a little payoff for Cassidy in the long one, I mean he doesn't have to join them but just a little something at the end of the day.

"Hangman" Adam Page vs. Mogul Embassy's Swerve Strickland [Prince Nana;] Texas Death Match: my pick is Mogul Embassy's Swerve Strickland [Prince Nana.] I have made no secret of this over roughly the past year that Page has rapidly gone down in my estimation of him, to the point where I can't believe I thought at one point he was going to be the AEW equivalent of Shawn Michaels. I'm not taking sides here, but his involvement on the CM Punk when it came to light he pretty much went into business for himself and for those people out there I know Punk has very much made a career out of this. Page declining [I know he isn't the only one] advice and wisdom from the older generation of wrestling be it inside or outside of the ring and do this constant victim, victim, victim, cowboy victim garbage storyline and gimmick overcoming or maybe overcoming and then pressing the repeat button; it is just so monotonous and boring; I mean come on there is only a few times that you can go to well before it dries up and we are very much got to that point with this whole victim cowboy garbage and yes I fully expect at one point or another for the Mogul Embassy to get involved, at this point I really don't mind this; to finish this section of I will use a pipe bomb [in a wrestling sense] Swerve Strickland is a needle pusher and "Hangman" Adam Page isn't.

The Golden Jets: Kenny Omega & Chris Jericho vs. The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson; Tag Team Match; If The Golden Jets win, they will get The Young Bucks' AEW World Tag Team Championship opportunity, but if The Young Bucks win, The Golden Jets must disband as a team: my pick is The Golden Jets: Kenny Omega & Chris Jericho. I know, I know I apologise I keep repeating myself here, but I know this match is going to be good. But you have to question the booking; I mean it makes The Young Bucks look really stupid, why would they want to give their AEW World Tag Team Championships shots away; when this new tag team combination of Omega and Jericho have just started out, which indicates a good percentage of them not losing here. I mean I would have waited until AEW World Ends 2023 to book this match with an added stipulation of quite clearly a ladder match for this opportunity so it protects everyone from the loss. But as things are; it just seems way too early consequently stupid of The Young Bucks to get this opportunity at one pay-per-view and then just to cover my back to potentially lose it at the following pay-per-view. But then again full disclosure I haven’t seen the up-to-date TV content, but then again I have just seen Omega; basically tell The Young Bucks to grow up, so I am guessing here with my years of experience as it relates to wrestling this was done by design, so I get it; but it still makes the two brothers look stupid.

House of Black's Julia Hart vs. Skye Blue vs. Champ Kris Statlander; Triple Threat Match for the AEW TBS Championship: my pick is Kris Statlander. Basically she is going to get out of this match slot with a championship just about. But that is not the main storyline that they are going with here; the main storyline here is Blue will go full heel and join the House of Black as a disciple of Hart.

La Facción Ingobernable: Rush & Dralístico vs. FTR: Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood vs. House of Black; Kings of The Black Throne: Malakai Black & Brody King vs. Champs Ricky Starks & Big Bill;  Four-Way Tag Team Match for AEW World Tag Team Championship: my pick is Ricky Starks & Big Bill. It just feels way too soon for new champions here and unfortunately I can pretty much guess which team will be taking the pin fall or the submission someone from La Facción Ingobernable: Rush & Dralístico. Because for me personally and logically there is no value in devaluing the other two well-established tag teams and their gimmicks.

Bullet Club Gold's Jay White vs. Champ MJF; Singles Match for the AEW World Championship: my pick is MJF. Yes this match should be also good, but I am already getting that feeling of good or higher match playing second fiddle to the story surrounding it. I fully expect at one point or another the other members of Bullet Club Gold to get involved, but MJF unknowingly will be assisted by The Devil and their disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment