Wednesday 13 September 2023

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Nia Jax WWE Return on Raw 11/09/2023 by AverageMansReviews

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Nia Jax WWE Return on Raw 11/09/2023 by AverageMansReviews

Disclaimer: I have never likely to be a professional wrestler.

Why?: As in simply put why have they brought her back? When they have so much better female talent that can't get on-screen. I mean I have to be honest this World Women's Championship run from Rhea Ripley has been pretty weak to the point where it has been literally unforgettable, because at no stage has been under any major threat.

I mean on a quick side note but still a valid point; so Shayna Baszler goes from one tag team partner in Rhonda Rousey to seemingly being put in another with Zoe Starks, this is garbage creative because Baszler deserves a single push for when the WWE have a big Premium Live Event they can have the option of putting on Baszler vs. Ripley for the WWE World Women's Championship.

But I digress; it is also massively disrespectful for those that have been working their posterior off to hopefully maybe get given the opportunity to be in the program/feud with Ripley and Jax has just walked back into the WWE and into the main event picture.

Her version of The Banzai Drop [made famous by another member of her family Agatupu Rodney Anoa'i a.k.a. Yokozuna] looks garbage. When performing this basic move in the corner with your opponent face up lying flat in the corner, you are meant to go in the corner facing away from your opponent, go up until you are feet on; on the second turnbuckle and then you drop down on their chest sitting with the knees bent ready for the 1... 2... 3. But regardless of how many times I see Jax's version it just looks bad, the slaps to Ripley's face whilst in this position also really doesn't help things either, I hope this is not her name finish? [I know it is going to be.]

On paper this feud just isn't going to work, because in a nutshell as things stand Jax is being portrayed as a heel and Ripley is also a heel, yes other wrestling promotions can do the same model of wrestlers going up against one another really well, but when it comes to the WWE they don't like doing it or they do anything to avoid having the same basic dynamics going up against one another unless it is a massive match. The really sad thing is that when the WWE was the WWF, they used to put on Babyface vs. Babyface for an example WrestleMania VI 1990 the WWF Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior vs. the WWF Champion Hulk Hogan; Singles Winner Takes All Match.

But back to the present times I want to go on record now so if at some point Jax beat's Ripley I will not be best pleased and that is the most nicest way I can put it. I mean I didn't want CM Punk back in wrestling and now he is gone for now. I know get Jax back in wrestling which I also didn't want at least I am showing equality here, so the final thing I should just say is; to those wrestlers that are going to work with Jax, you may want to start filling out the claim forms for medical insurance or some kind of coverage, because at some point you are probably going to need it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment