Thursday 10 August 2023

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Sheamus speaks out about The Bloodline TV time issue on 07/08/2023 by AverageMansReview – Spoiler Alarm!

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Sheamus speaks out about The Bloodline TV time issue on 07/08/2023 by AverageMansReview – Spoiler Alarm!

Full Disclosure: this information came to my attention on Monday 07/08/2023

I have to be honest it is just nice: that a wrestler such as Sheamus is pointing this out. I am paraphrasing here; he made reference to his baby face run, go away and coming back, it is good for everyone involved, but for everyone else they are chomping at the bit to have that kind of screen time [and gives an example of having smaller segments, due to The Bloodline segment running over by 20 minutes.]

The reason why it is just nice having a wrestler point something out of fact, his prospective is of a wrestler as ours [mine] is of a fan/basic content creator where essentially we share the same sentiment of basically it is good for everyone involved, but for everyone else we are getting a little bit frustrated.

To the point where after what happened at WWE SummerSlam 2023 with the whole Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus [with Zoe Starks] card absence thing, then the Slim Jim's Battle Royal thing [ because of money] and finally the entire main event taking up roughly an hour from opening graphic until the final scene [ I did give this match/match slot 8/10, but to be honest yet again, they are going to have to do something special for me to hand out this Mark or anything higher in the future.] Because the entire Bloodline after this event has checked me out, I think actually I know I am pretty much done with this whole situation, because anyone be it content creator, inside a wrestling or just a casual fan of long-term experience knows, you can't keep prolonging something big and I didn't see it happening here, but what happened here was one step too far and they are going to have to go some distance to properly explain it. The card generally, yes I did give this event 7/10 and taking everything into consideration it deserved it.

But the actual point I wanted to make is; the way things were going and I don't mean this disrespectfully, actually I mean it highly positively I would greatly prefer watching a NXT Premium Live Event, it isn't because it is much shorter, even though that is a bonus if I had to dictate a list of positives that would be in the top three for sure.

But you get a sense of everything in their match slot for the majority of the time has been built up for them when they come to put on their match/match slot you get let's just say an average of a good outcome and then they move on to a different feud or storyline with a similar storyline quality and hopefully match/match slot, which in turn in the grand scheme of things gives their Premium Live Event a good flow to work from.

I can't believe I'm going to say this again; but as it relates to the main roster at some point hopefully soon, the hierarchy will have to deal with the consequences of this Bloodline saga and as I have said in the other content or at minimum something to this effect; I get it with Roman Reigns and the surrounding wrestlers/characters they gimmick is not to build up anyone, which is fine for a little while if that is the narrative you want to go with. But the long-term consequences of this and this is where I can't believe I'm going to say this again or likewise something to that effect and I know I am not the only one saying this. But eventually the elephant in the room once again, is the fact that they don't have anyone that I would feel comfortable putting in this position especially after this never ending story, yes that does include the WWE Intercontinental Champion Imperium's Walter. You see Walter has done the complete opposite to Reigns, yes by gimmick and storyline design, but also when someone has had a match/match slot with Walter and Imperium they look better for having this match/time.

This is where I feel bad for Cody Rhodes, because at some point maybe at WrestleMania 40/2024 he will dethrone Reigns and become the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, where I have made reference in other content as well Rhodes is one of the best at putting people over even if he still wins, I just feel sorry for him because the longer this goes on, the more work he will have to do to be galvanised this entire situation, not only in a wrestling sense but also with potential fans that have switched off either mentally or their actual TV at this ongoing saga.

Briefly back onto Walter I am not stupid, it is an inevitability he will hold a main event championship, knowing him he will probably hold both at some point in his career, but again I am not stupid enough to allow one of my present massive assets to get stuck with the unpleasant task of dealing with the aftermath of this Bloodline saga, Walter can just carry on rebuilding the prestige of the WWE Intercontinental Championship back up to where it should have always been.

For those Seth Rollins out there in Internet land, yes he could do exactly like Rhodes, but in the reason I didn't put his name until now is because he has his own hands full establishing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and let's be honest this feud with The Judgment Day's Finn Bálor is slowing not helping things, in fact it is slowly becoming more and more obvious as everyone said in its inception it is just a secondary championship for everyone else to feed upon whilst Reigns holds the main prize of the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, as always when the WWE get something good,  they either destroyed on the main roster before it can take off or in this case run it into the ground. Then again let’s leave on a positive whilst the hierarchy are mostly focusing on Reigns, at least they aren’t screwing with the WWE Intercontinental Championship Walter other than his name change to Gunther [which usually I refuse to use this name or reference it at all.]

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment