Tuesday 9 May 2023

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: WWE Draft 2023/WWE Heavyweight Championship Tournament by AverageMansReview

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: WWE Draft 2023/WWE Heavyweight Championship Tournament by AverageMansReview

Well on either subject there is just so much stupidity; WWE 2023 Draft firstly main focus: I no interest in the draft any more, I mean if they actually did it properly and stuck to it then I may be willing to give it a chance but we know that isn't going to happen. I will just be using these two examples of the draft: let's draft the entirety of Imperium: the WWE Intercontinental Champion Walter, Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci; the including the WWE Intercontinental Championship [I know I have made reference to this twice, but it will make sense why in a moment,] to Raw. But then let's draft the WWE SmackDown Women's Champion The Judgement Day's Rhea Ripley separately from the rest of her other members of The Judgement Day's Finn Bálor, Damian Priest and Dominik Mysterio also to Raw. So firstly shouldn't both of these stables be treated in the same manner and obviously there is a second problem with the Women's Championship, unless they are going to do this really cheap and tacky championship switch at some point either on-screen or behind-the-scenes between Ripley and the current WWE Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair.

I mean they have left themselves wide open for me to make this point; if I wanted to drop a wrestling version of a pipe bomb this would also indicate that the Intercontinental Championship and the SmackDown Women's Championship are not seen on the same level if one can be drafted as a unit and the other can't or isn't it is almost like women's wrestling still within the WWE is not being given the same respect; but we knew that already didn't we? And don't give me the garbage of Ripley was the first pick on Night 2, [Additional: as it has been referenced online she was the first pick for Raw on the second night, it makes sense but I still don't care, it is still stupid if it is good enough for one champion and stable it is good enough for the other; back to the original content] if she isn't the second pick for Raw on Night 1 then any positive credibility for them to do this goes out of the window.

WWE Heavyweight Championship Tournament: well that must be the shortest draft in history, what with Raw and SmackDown talent both going for this exclusive Raw main Championship; what with from Raw we have; Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Miz, Damian Priest and Finn Balor. Whilst SmackDown: Sheamus, Edge, Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles the WWE United States Champion Austin Theory and Bobby Lashley.

Straight off the bat as I have already referenced in some way SmackDown shouldn't be involved end of story. I mean they have right here some talent that could quite easily fill these positions; you know I am just using the boundaries of this draft; so with that being said why aren't these free agents/freelance wrestlers being used? So you need six well here is my six; Mustafa Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander, Von Wagner, Dolph Ziggler, Elias and Omos [with MVP.] Likewise in other content I have indicated I am not a fan of this Omos experiment, but whilst he is here, we may as well use him.

I am in agreement with the general consensus of this latest WWE World Heavyweight Championship from the perspective of on one hand it is sorely needed, but on the other hand in the grand scheme of things it is a main brand championship, but also it can be seen as a secondary championship to the WWE Universal Championship, so it is very much a case of let's give Raw main this championship, because the cat is out of the bag Reigns is going to be champion until WrestleMania 40/2024.

As things stand and I'm going to say something which is going to irritate some WWE fans out there, where I have said at some point or another I get what they are doing with Reigns, because of his character type, you can't really build up anyone around him. But I am now going to contradict myself by saying, if they don't start putting stock in other wrestlers not necessarily all around him, but in the wings over them Cody Rhodes, when or if he gets dethroned by someone let's just say Rhodes;I know I have said this already referenced this in other content; he is going to have his work cut out to rebuild this division with hopefully at minimum present or future wrestlers. It is slowly becoming slightly similar to when and the older wrestling fan base would know this, when Mr. McMahon had this overreliance on veteran talent instead of putting young talent over to learn, the WWE are very lucky at the moment to have somebody like Walter holding the WWE Intercontinental Championship, because even in defeat whomever he is wrestling, he has the ability to make them look and feel a big deal yes I know he has been up against established wrestlers, but in short wherever Walter has been within the WWE he gives wrestlers the rub and he has certainly put prestige back into the Intercontinental Championship.

So to finish all I can say is; please don't give Reigns this heavyweight championship as well, because I know there are a lot of talented people on this subject, this is just a joke. It has been reported that at the WWE Night of Champions 27/05/2023 that just to cover my back for here and now Rollins is the favourite.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment