Sunday 28 May 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Double or Nothing 2023 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Double or Nothing 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: yes I have never been or are likely to be a professional wrestler, but even with my years of experience of feeling wrestling, even for me there is just too many high risk stipulations on this card. I mean this is not the first time I have pointed this out, I basically indicated as much as when it was AEW Revolution 2023, but this card is much worse. Now obviously I don't want or I know they never go in with the idea of hurting one another or putting themselves in danger. But as you'll see from this card I do feel that they are tempting fate here, obviously I hope that no one picks up an injury any capacity, but if something should happen at some points at this pay-per-view where they pick up some injuries. I do feel that they are just not only messing with fate but also lining themselves up for more criticism and as we go throughout this pay-per-view I will happily point out which matches I am concerned about and just before I begin yes there will be many.

The Acclaimed: Max Caster & Anthony Bowens & "Daddy Ass" Billy Gunn vs. The House of Black: Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews [Julia Hart;] Six-Man Tag Team Match/Open House Rules Match for the AEW World Trios Championship: my pick is The House of Black: Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews [Julia Hart.]  Well not to be arrogant, but even though I like both of these acts the champions here, are just not losing. Because even though both acts are over the champions here does feel like they A. Are just getting started, there is lots more to come from them and B. They are on some of the advertising pictures for AEW Collision, granted without their Championships and yes they could always be changed, but probably more than likely this would indicate for the meantime anyway that this feud is just beginning or/and at minimum these Championships aren't going anywhere.

The Jericho Appreciation Society's Chris Jericho vs. Adam Cole; Unsanctioned Match with Sabu will serve as the Special Guest Enforcer: my pick is Adam Cole. I am concerned about this match, okay I like Jericho vs. Cole, but everything no disrespect to Sabu, but I would have preferred this match just being singles match. I know, I know that sounds boring. But I would prefer boring/something stable and more reliable for Cole's pay-per-view in-ring return, there is no way in hell I would have put Cole potentially and I do stress potentially back into this situation where they could go south very quickly where I expect Roderick Strong, the rest of or at least some of the members of the JAS and the crazy antics of Sabu to get involved at some point for me personally this is just too many variables for somebody which has come off a long spell off the sidelines due to concussion.

Ethan Page & The Gunns: Austin & Colten Gunn vs. the FTW Champion The Hardys: Jeff & Matt Hardy; Six-Man Tags Team Match, If the Hardys win, Matt Hardy will own Ethan Page's contract: my pick is the FTW Champion The Hardys: Jeff & Matt Hardy. To give Jeff a W on his pay-per-view will return, I expect this match to be on first just to get the crowd bouncing and finally I expect other wrestlers to get involved in some capacity as well.

Taya Valkyrie vs. Champ Jade Cargill [with Baddie Leila Grey & Mark Sterling;] Singles Match for the AEW TBS Championship: my pick is Jade Cargill. With heel tactics being involved with and this is speculation on my part perhaps a returning Kris Statlander to even things up, but more importantly Statlander to eventually be thrown the inaugural TBS Champion.

Blackpool Combat Club: Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, the ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler Yuta vs. The Elite: Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson & "Hangman" Adam Page; Anarchy in the Arena Match: my pick is The Elite: Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson & "Hangman" Adam Page. Just to continue this feud and give it a feud progression and I should point out, yes I am concerned about this match also, because it isn't like some of these wrestlers haven't experienced head trauma in some capacity before, now just to cover my back I am also aware that it could be used in kayfabe as well, but either way we all know in 2023 the risks of head trauma.

The Outcast's Toni Storm [with Saraya & Ruby Soho] vs. Champ Jamie Hayter [with Britt Baker DMD & Rebel;] Singles Match for the AEW Women's Championship: my pick is The Outcast's Toni Storm [with Saraya & Ruby Soho.] Yes I fully expect Hikaru Shida to show up to try and stop this heel goings-on with The Outcasts but she and the babyfaces fail. If The Outcasts get their hands on this championship, it would be good for them on a whole as it would give them some real substance to work with and to make them a genuine dominating trio.

Blackjack Battle Royal; 21-Man Battle Royal for the AEW International Championship: my pick is Ricky Starks. Now Starks is a top guy, so why not then to feud with its longest reigning champion up to this point in history if you include its previous incarnation of the AEW All-Atlantic Championship of a combined reign of roughly 220+ days, so perhaps on this ballpark figure it is due for a championship drop anyway. But Orange Cassidy has most definitely put some credibility into this championship that is for sure of what I have seen. Yes in fairness and balance I have to be concerned about this match as well, I am not deliberately and actively destroying this pay-per-view, but using common sense and logic.

Christian Cage [with Luchasaurus] vs. Champ Wardlow [with Arn Anderson;] Ladder Match for the AEW TNT Championship: my pick is Christian Cage [with Luchasaurus.] I know why this stipulation has been chosen on one hand Cage is one of the legends as it relates to this stipulation. But on the other hand the more probable reason why this stipulation was chosen and this is just my opinion/speculation is so that Wardlow can lose his championship here without being pinned so in essence it protects him and progresses the feud, where Luchasaurus obviously makes a big impact and is solely with the responsible so for this new champion here; likewise I have my concerns about this match also based on fairness and balance.

The Lethal Connection's: Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal [with Karen Jarrett, Sonjay Dutt & Satnam Singh] vs. Champs FTR's Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler; Tag Team Match for the AEW World Tag Team Championship; Mark Briscoe will serve as the Special Guest Referee: my pick is The Lethal Connection's: Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal [with Karen Jarrett, Sonjay Dutt & Satnam Singh.] This is a simple yet effective approach of possibly Briscoe making a mistake or in confusion or possibly a heel turn [but this seems unlikely,] so I'm going to go with in confusion he in a nutshell makes me champions here.

The Jericho Appreciation Society's Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin vs. "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry vs. Champ MJF; Four-Way Match for the AEW World Championship: my pick is MJF. Basically to keep everyone looking strong this is what I would do; in the closing stages of this match someone could hit CM Punk entrance music and in the confusion MJF could roll up Allin to retain. Now I want to make this perfectly clear I don't see Punk showing up I just said his entrance music, because we all know when Punk is more than likely to return at AEW Collision, because it is in his back yard. But as it relates to this pay-per-view MJF in kayfabe pay's somebody backstage to play Mr Punk's entrance music or pairing him with someone. The only reason I have chosen Allin to take the pin fall is I don't know when, but at some point he wants to climb Mount Everest, so the loss wouldn't really harm him if he is going to be off for a while. Or another option is Guevara take the pin, so there is friction between him, MJF, Jericho and Punk when he returns, it's not like there isn't substance here already in some capacity; MJF has history with everybody in this foursome, Jericho is the leader of the JAS, has a history with MJF, Jericho has called Punk a cancer [ yes I know that some point they have had meetings and possibly working together; but just to cover my back that was yes only a little while ago, but then again things often change in wrestling.] I mean if they really want to push out the boat yes Jericho and Guevara absolutely fine and on the same page, but they could introduce the young lion and old lion, dynamic to their relationship so it could be a case of Jericho trying to teach or sometimes getting fed up with Guevara. I didn't forget about Perry, he could get taken out by a mystery individual/new feud so for a while he is out of the main picture and as you can see it is already quite full and yes I am also concerned about this match.

I hope I am wrong and everyone comes out of this event healthy just perhaps a little bit banged up, but I just don't like playing with them probability of these potentially high-risk matches. Before I have someone cocky pointing out every match is a high-risk, yes this I know. So my point being why would you want to increase the percentage of continuous injury? I am very much aware and I have already pointed this out in other content that they prefer the harder/some may say alternative wrestling styles, but this from time to time comes with a very high price. My final point would be; I know I have chosen quite a few new champions if it goes the way I think it will, I think Tony Kahn may want to press the hard reset based on AEW Collision having fresh champions, with maybe new feuds or just a different dynamic the contender and champion may just switched roles, with maybe one or two debuts or/and returns.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment