Sunday 28 May 2023

Recommendation of: WWE Night of Champions 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Night of Champions 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/blood warning/I have never been or are likely to be a professional wrestler.

Just a heads up: I didn't want it live and on top of that I really did struggle with this event, to the point where just to cover my back I don't think there is one match I didn't at some point drift off to sleep for a minimum a moment or longer. I am not using this as an excuse, but on reflection three of these matches/match slot go on for at least double figures as it relates to their time length and full disclosure the only result I was aware of before watching this event was the main event in a little capacity based on a came across someone's thumbnail, I knew I should've stayed off YouTube.

Warning there is blood in the opening video package to this event.

Seth Rollins vs. The OC's AJ Styles; Tournament Final for the Inaugural WWE World Heavyweight Championship Singles Match: straight away we have this really dumb production thing of having Styles waiting in the ring, then we have this video package and then Rollins comes down to the ring. Why didn't they do this video package before both competitors come down to the ring? Cory Graves had one of those match slots that I don't know if it was him or someone backstage giving him these lines, but he was slightly irritating from; I am paraphrasing here in these; having a little back and forths with Michael Cole making reference to the possibility that Roman Reigns could hold 4 Championships by the end of tonight, Styles could win the WWE Heavyweight Championship and then go over to Raw, because it is a exclusive championship, in a nutshell the WWE hierarchy are making up the rules as they go along and then Graves makes a comical reference to he pays for a blue mark could be called a journalist [I believe this is a reference to twitter.] For the match; of what I saw about it; it was okay I lost interest in it: this match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus; Singles Match: this match/match slot wasn't either the most smoothest match or it had botches in it, this is one of those occasions where it is either one or the other depending on your perspective that is why I have put both in here; Stratus performs a tornado DDT from the top turnbuckle which does not look the most smoothest and the same can be said for her version of the Lou Thesz Press and when she performed a neck breaker, she grabbed Lynch's hair, but between them and commentary they put it over as a neck breaker. I should point out again there is some form of blood in this match/match slot; I don't know if this was generally a blotch or it was done deliberately in kayfabe from the perspective of if you have been keeping an eye over this feud you know this incident involving a nose was referenced, so it could have been done safely a little bit to add fuel to this feud. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Mustafa Ali vs. Champ Imperium's Walter [Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci;] Singles Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: this match slot is everything you expect it to be really, I know two excellent wrestlers having an excellent wrestling match, I know it is a strange concept for the WWE hierarchy to understand. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Asuka vs. Champ Bianca Belair; Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: this match/match slot is solidly good, but if you want me to be brutally honest this match/match slot and the next one are just jokes really well. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Natalya vs. Champ The Judgement Day's Rhea Ripley [with Dominik Mysterio;] Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Championship: as I have just made reference to this match/match slot was and is a complete and utter joke: 1/10.

Blood warning there is a video package of basically why we are having the next upcoming match.

Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar; Singles Match: this is another match/match slot which is what it is meant to be and yes I have to put some kind of blood warning here as well, there is a little mark on Lesnar's forehead and it looks like it is coming from somewhere from someone or/and it could just be a mixture of sweat, it is difficult to tell so it is better to be safe than sorry. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The Bloodline's the WWE Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa [with Paul Heyman] vs. Champs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn; Tag Team Match for the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: let's be positive for a minute the crowd participation was likely and here for the main event so based on them I will award this match/match slot another mark. But this is another match/match slot that just needed to be what it needed to be as it relates to storyline. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 6/10, I mean after taking everything into consideration, I would find it difficult to justify anything else once again full disclosure I did consider giving this event a 5/10, but using the numbers that are in front of me this would be hard to justify, so 6/10 is right, but even though I have been unbiased with these numbers I can now I like that again I really found this event to the hard work to watch. Let's just hope NXT Battleground 2023 is better tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment