Friday 20 January 2023

Operation Seawolf 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Operation Seawolf 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is shooting/drugs/suicide

You sunk my battleship: in the last days of World War II Capt Hans Kessler [Dolph Lundgren] and his new crew in this U-Boat have and two other U-Boats have been given this mission to let's just say deliverer this package to New York and it is up to Cmdr. Race Ingram [Frank Grillo] and Capt. Samuel L Gravely Jr. [Hiram A. Murray] and others to try and stop them.

The pacing of this 87 minutes film is slow and steady and that is all I can say about it

Art and action: we get to see the Statue of Liberty and in the opening sequence this brownish contrast thing going on, they both are situated around underwater sequences, the boats on the water, underwater and fighter planes.

Character developments and the performances: generally speaking they are all safe and reliable, minus Dolph Lundgren as Capt Hans Kessler; he puts in a good performance as he has no time for Hitler [I can't tell you too much other than it does gets discussed,] but he will serve his country properly. This can be illustrated with this moment of what can be interpreted as dark comedy as at in roughly the opening section we have all these characters in this scene giving the Hail Hitler salute with simultaneously saying it and we have him refusing, I should just point out to cover my back the only funny thing about this is; the uncomfortable waiting time for him to follow suit, I mean it isn't too long but just long enough to indicate what I have suggested including some visual indications that these characters were waiting and uncomfortable amount of time for something that isn't forthcoming, he after a little time he salutes is uniform hat.

But now on something that makes absolutely no sense their U-Boat gets hit; it is absolutely fine there was no damage, no signs of taking on water or no slowly sinking, Yes there is red lighting, this siren going off and then this quick sinking But of what we can see most of this crew were dead with at minimum one survivor [likewise I don't want to give too much away so I won't put the name here;] so I have no idea what happened here, maybe someone let off a really bad fart?

This film receives: 4/10, this film is mixed; like I said just previously I have no idea what happened to these characters, but on the whole this film still has enough to keep itself out of the poor section of my marking system. Including the person I watched this film with said and I am paraphrasing here; "It was okay until the final section, you know it was going along okay until the final section and then it went to pieces."


No comments:

Post a Comment