Tuesday 6 September 2022

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 42 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 42 by AverageMansReview

WWE: I don't have too much to say about this wrestling promotion other then read these Wasted: Opportunities Drew McIntyre vs. Champ Roman Reigns; Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 - Spoiler Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2022/09/wasted-opportunities-drew-mcintyre-vs.html In a nutshell all they had to do was let The Judgement Day pick up the win and I would have been happy.

All Elite Wrestling: look I have a lot to say about this promotion and I will be saying it as I see it. As far as I'm concerned I have seen this story once before or something to that effect with the ending of WCW [World Championship Wrestling] where they brought behind the curtain politics to on-screen and I honestly didn't think I would see anything like that again. Let me make something very, very, very clear everyone is a complete dick or for the sake of equality a vagina in this situation.

Because I like to be professional I will take this step by step on Wednesday, 25/05/ 2022 AEW: Dynamite basically "Hangman" Adam Page delivered this promo which had explosive content with real-life references, which I will put my hands up and say " I thought it was absolutely fantastic promo and the best promo he has ever delivered, it was one of those promos where even if you haven't watched AEW before you could instantly tell that this guy is a main event guy for now and the future I have said he is or was the AEW version of Shawn Michaels.

But however and I do stress however I have learned this promo was not okayed by Punk, actually it's a little bit more worse than that Paige dropped it on him live. So I no longer think that this was an excellent promo, in fact my perspective on Hangman has completely changed and no I'm not being a fickle wrestling fan, in actual fact I am just being a fully grown adult at the age of 39 going, you don't bury someone in public on national TV as it is wrestling I will say at least without their permission first you know that little thing called "Kayfabe."

So nobody like Tony Kahn: in this context head creator and just for argument sake many other roles or/and the EVP' Executive Vice Presidents The Elite: Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks Matt and Nick Jackson, didn't at least look over or investigate this segment before it went to air, in theory I will cut everyone in this paragraph some slack by saying they were at minimum busy and after all Hangman is 31 years old at this point.

But because of this promo which it was strongly indicated that Punk got someone fired [in reference to Colt Cabana being signed to a Ring of Honour contract and no longer on AEW.] Because his history which is quite a few years old at this point as well with Punk. With consequently Punk having to deal with questions of I am paraphrasing here but "Did you get Colt fired from AEW?" Which he has denied; Which I do understand, because he is having to defend himself against allegations which are false and talk about something which is years old and I say I understand, because for about 10 years I had to put up with questions of why don’t you drink anymore? And the Mickey being taken out at me for not drinking so when I say I understand this particular subject or the potential irritation of it I get it. So let's move forward until Sunday 04/09 2022 AEW All Out media scrum.

Where it stopped being CM Punk and began talking like Phil Brooks and I have seen his entire section, he told it as it is from his perspective, where he addressed Hangman and when into business for himself, the historic story of Cabana and the AEW EVP's and more.

Now this is one of those on one hand Punk is a financial draw, he can still wrestle, consequently he can be a massive asset. But on the other hand this is one of the reasons why I didn't want him to join AEW in the first place, because of this financial pay packet and he does have a reputation of this kind of thing behind the curtain. But I should hasten to add in this case, he is relatively innocent to begin with, meaning he didn't start this or newsflash I wouldn't have started anything with Punk, because as we can now clearly see you cross him at your own risk.

I am not being lazy, but to put it nicely he is/was clearly irritated by the EVPs and Hangman, but I found it interesting that  Brooks/Punk and Tony get on well, it's like Tony knows he has a point, Brooks/Punk has earned my respect.

Before I continue I feel it is important to point out I don't condone what happened next: after this section Punk was confronted by the EVPs and a brawl happened between them including Ace Steal [he was one of the backstage personnel]

Which I'm going to try and put this as clearly as I can; this is pathetic, because you are all around or are heading towards your 40's and you are acting like children, you are senior wrestlers firstly and some of you are EVPs so act like it. I am not taking either side, yes if the truth were known I have lost a lot of respect for The Elite and Hangman, what has became very clear is that they wanted to play with fire and as everyone knows if you play with fire especially with this individual you will get burned.

What is really annoying me is as far as I can see these EVP are probably doing some of their work, but instead of engaging in this absolute garbage, they should be supporting Tony Kahn more.

Because there is lots of other issues like their actual pay-per-view's being too long, there being too many championships; this in itself is a very difficult topic, because I don't like too many championships especially being used in the way they are right now. Even though I am now going to contradict myself they could do with one more championship the AEW Women's Tag Championships, yes I will stand by what I have just said I don't like too many championships, but I have mentioned before if they are going to have these championship let's use them properly, by rotating them in and out of regular TV programming including any form of pay-per-view's so it makes them feel special and rests its champion or champions they can still do one week off and maybe record content in the next week, so what I'm saying is basically run this promotion like an actual sports team across the AEW TV programming so hopefully fingers crossed because wrestling is very much a contact sport it would rest some performers and hopefully use more of their wrestlers which are waiting on the sidelines, which in turn would solve another problem of having unhappy wrestlers not wrestling. I have to say I do find it amusing  when Miro was complaining he wasn't wrestling, but on the other hand he was in better shape and can wrestle longer as in his career, because he wasn't wrestling as much. So I may be just an average person, but what you'll actually complaining about again? It's cause and consequence.

Finally I am aware of TK's little blooper as it relates to women's wrestling and former AEW Women's Champion Thunder Rosa relinquishing her championship due to injury. I actually took the time to here in this segment and to be honest there is probably is so much he wants to do to improve his promotion, but as we can clearly see here he has to deal with this petulant garbage. So he gave a very much honest TV ratings response which just to cover my own back I am not condoning it, but once again if he chose to put in place my TV/pay-per-view rotation it would allow storyline is to brief and consequently give other wrestlers time on screen including their women's division, because it has improved from where it began, but we don't see much of it, it is just a slow progress.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment