Tuesday 12 July 2022

Average Extra of: It's Your Problem with Thor: Love and Thunder 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: It's Your Problem with Thor: Love and Thunder 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Real Talking Time:

Warning: this is a courtesy warning I will most probably trigger someone out there with what I am about to say or at some point in this blog so take this as a warning.

LGBT+ community key for this film:

King Valkyrie: bisexual

Korg: gay

Peter Quill/Star-Lord: bisexual

Hercules: bisexual [in the interest of fairness and balance, I did look into Zeus being bisexual, but I couldn't find anything so it kept coming up with Hercules, I was thinking Zeus may have been pansexual, just based on the sex orgies references in this film, because there is no facts to support this I can't put this down other then the way they have.]

Special mention: Thor: is not gay but has bromance for Peter Quill/Star-Lord, but it is only one way based on what I have seen in this film.

Weapons: [in this section; I don't know if this was its intended purpose which if it was this in itself is a great way to put this in, without offending anyone, but including this population,] it did take me some time to work this out if and I do stress if this was, I know generally speaking there are were/are little bit of personality traits with Mjölnir from the early days and yes before I receive complaints I know this love triangle thing is used as comedy, but because they have more personality in some cases it depends which weapon may be under the comedy it was to represent this population, but then again I could be completely wrong.

Mjölnir: non-binary [instructions whomever is worthy/other instructions]

Necrosword: non-binary [chooses Gorr]

Stormbreaker: non-binary

Zeus' Thunderbolt: non-binary [this weapon is here, just because I know if I don't put it here someone will come back to me, but I am just going to go with what I have put here, even though this weapon doesn't indicate anything, unless it is easy going.]

Finally just to cover my back, I will apologise if I have missed anyone off this list that is in this film which I haven't mentioned here, but I have as you can see more than enough to use as reference throughout this blog.

I have to say generally speaking I am sarcastically finding this funny, because on one hand you have people saying "It is too gay" and others saying "It isn't gay enough so they lied" [Natalie Portman and Tessa Thompson between them; I am paraphrasing here confirmed it was really gay and as you can see from the key they weren't lying; I mean this in a positive sense] on the other hand you have other people tearing down this film for being basically rubbish.

So let's just get down to business the uncomfortable truth would be the MCU [Marvel Cinematic universe,] specifically Taika Waititi [Writers and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson/Story by/Director by] gave you what you wanted here and you are now crying about it. [If you generally have problems with this film of on some research I have seen two people have balanced views on this film so my aim is not at you or any that have a balanced view.]

But I have been doing this kind of thing for many years, so I can remember the complaints about the MCU after sometime let me remind you " There isn't any diversity" or something to that effect. But now you have representation in the MCU/in this film you are not happy. Well to be brutally honest that is your problem, because they have made an inclusive film here but they couldn't make it too adult which to continue being brutally honest is common sense based on the fundamental business model of any film project or anything anywhere, it's main purpose is to make money, money, money, money so why the hell would they cut down their audience potential viewers by including more adult content [I am actually becoming more and more fuming as I speak.] Because it takes somebody with brain damage to point out these things and no I am not even done by a long shot.

I have heard also that some people think Thor is dumb, unless you haven't seen the film yet or are I don't know maybe you fall asleep the whole idea at the beginning of the film without giving too much away is him learning to let go and mellow out, including he has Jane Foster back in his life after roughly 9 years apart. Which if they didn't know it individually or together they should have been always together, so this dumb [other people's word not mine or something to that effect] is based on the fact he has a mixture of emotions; nervous around her, possibly compensating for that, happy to be around her again and on top of that as I have just referenced learning to let go of things and this life experience of this film and how we leave him.

What really infuriates me is no one has of what I've seen got the common sense and logic to realise that; yes on top of this film you have; diversity, comedy, art and action. But underneath you have some really hard-hitting content a young death and terminal cancer which this film gives respect to both. But in turn I can easily make an argument that and this is speculation on my part; that they wanted to use these two hard-hitting components whenever they are made reference to in any form or a consequence of as I have already said respectfully so the tone of the film changes from being generally speaking and potentially comedy fun or anything else light in comparison to these hard-hitting components, then moves on to something lighter for a little while.

You see I am self-taught doing this kind of thing, so I have basically taught myself what woke means and this project is not woke I mean if you want a great example of wokeness go and watch the entire TV series of DC's Batwoman from 2019-2022 it is/was so woke that when the new dictionaries come out I want this TV program to be a description of the word woke, but on a quick side note there are 2 reasons why I should thank this live-action TV program; 1 it taught me this word and 2 Rachel Skarsten as Beth Kane/Alice is mainly the only positive I really liked.

But my point being here is I have seen people using this word to describe this film and it isn't, as the key at the top of this blog would suggest you just have a good selection of different characters from different backgrounds and that is it

once again being brutally honest I am getting fed up of people taking a dump on this film especially and here is a big fact some of them haven't seen this film, so how about you wait until you have seen this film somehow and then you will have a better idea of what you are actually talking about and for those people that say something to the effect of " I don't want to give Disney or Marvel my money based on I would be complicit, it just gives them the go-ahead to make other films of a similar standard." Which if you feel that way that is a valid point, but however if you sit behind your computer screen pushing your opinion on something you haven't seen maybe a little bit here and a little bit there and reacting to other content based on the subject you're opinion is somewhat limited based on the facts that you haven't seen the subject matter. What I am about to say next it doesn't give me more or less right than you or these individuals, but however it does give me lots of credibility such as as I have just made reference to I sat through 3 seasons of DC's Batwoman and to give this some balance I have also seen Marvel's Inhumans 2017 mini-series or better yet Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016 my marking 2/10 or/and Eternals 6/10 [of what I remember about this film after everything is said and done it got given this mark.] It has to be said I miss the days gone past when people as individuals actually made up their own minds instead of listening to the popular opinion and labelling it as woke or CGI bad [but then again as it relates to the CGI it doesn't really help my case; when I have seen actual proof of Taika Waititi and Tessa Thompson mocking it.] Here is a novel idea if you are not happy with it give your artists more time, I mean this in itself gives more ammunition to those that want to take a massive dump on this project. Before mocking the CGI you have these two having a tiny back and forth where this director talks about " The least thing you expect, but something you want to go and see is Thor going through a midlife crisis." Thompson giving off a sound effect of I understand now with " Okay cool."Which I know has triggered some people out there, because they have taken it as he is telling us what we want, but it seems like because I am heading towards being 40 when this was first being dictated. I see it as a director selling is moving, okay it doesn't help that they mock the CGI after this. I would regard this as a shooting yourself in the foot moment, because you have just sold movie to an audience, but then you have just shown it has problems. Which I liked the art of this film, I think it has something to do with the fact that unless there is something majorly wrong or something that sticks out prominently I will more than likely not in every case [ just to cover my back in the future] I am easy-going.

But to leave this on a bombshell like the real world the MCU is changing and adapting to move on with its life, so you can either try and embrace most of it or you can be like your grandparents by saying "Back in my day there used to be mostly Caucasians in the MCU." I mean if anything this film has shown we are just getting worse as a society, because as soon as we don't like something or something isn't to our taste unfortunately because of social platforms we have given too many people a voice where the most loudest get heard which means most of the time it is just a noise and not anything constructive, I mean I have heard they want to put a bit trigger warning on this film, what for it is 2022 people end of story. So as things stand I know I need to go and watch some of the latest MCU titles or even some of the old ones and yes if I had more time I would be going to watch any of the Marvel TV series, but I am looking forward to seeing what is coming next in this more variety MCU and if you are interested in my opinion of Thor: Love and Thunder 2022 here it is https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2022/07/thor-love-and-thunder-2022-by.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment