Sunday 29 August 2021

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WCW Bash at the Beach 16/07/1995 Match 5/Part 5 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WCW Bash at the Beach 16/07/1995 Match 5/Part 5 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Disclaimer: I am not a professional wrestler and never likely to be

Background information: we have this interview segment interviewer "Mean" Gene Okerlund with the WCW World Tag Team Champions Haarlem Heat [Booker T & Stevie Ray with Sister Sherry] building up this match [then after this match] Schiavone & Heenan discussing what they have just seen and then throwing it back to Okerlund to have another interview segment with the WCW World Tag Team Champions Haarlem Heat [Booker T & Stevie Ray with Sister Sherry] to discuss what just happened and their new No1 Contenders in BunkHouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater; yes I am just dictating this character/performer's name down here.

Match/Stipulations: The Blue Bloods [Lord Steven Regal & Earl Robert Eaton] vs. The Nasty Boys [Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags] vs. the WCW World Tag Team Champions Haarlem Heat [Booker T & Stevie Ray with Sister Sherry:] Triangle Match for the WCW World Tag Team Championships; extra information on stipulations of this match; by a toss of coins at the beginning of this match, one member of two tag team's start this match and third start on the apron and they can tag in whomever they like; it could be their tag team partner or another member of another team.

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 6/10

Match Storyline: 6/10

Crowd Participation: 6/10

On Commentary: Tony Schiavone & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan 6/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 6/10

Recommend Watch: 6/10

Match Total: 36/60 - this match is good

Comments: this match is a solidly good across the board, I only have some things to bring up so let's begin The Nasty Boys [Knobbs & Sags] execute a very poor double-team by the name of wishbone on receiver Ray [basic description; the aggressor tag team take a leg of the receiver whilst they are on the floor facing up and make a V-shape with their legs up and pull them apart.] This double team is relatively easy to pull off, but in this case it is just all around sloppieness between these three performers [when or if you see this match you'll see what I mean.] The Referee [Nick Patrick] counts pin when Sags is not legal man [a moment previously Regal tags himself in, so there is this moment of sorting this out.] Then we have this really odd mistake by Heenan; in short because Heenan and Schiavone discuss it and Schiavone makes light out of Heenan when they discuss who he wants to win this match; Heenan is momentarily under the belief that Haarlem Heat have to be pinned to lose their Championships which is not the case. Now on one hand and yes this is purely speculation on one hand this could have been a honest genuine mistake which they are between them trying to cover up, but on the other hand Heenan in particular through this match says things like I don't know what's going on or something like this to illustrate/put across to the viewer that this match is chaotic and at some point Schiavone says something to the effect of it is chaotic. My point here being on reflection if you listen to the commentary carefully, but you don't have to be too careful about it; it sounds more like they are really selling these interpretations of stipulations as they are the first of their kind [debut.] Just to cover my back I am fully aware I could be absolutely wrong about this and it is all coincidental, but we are talking about Heenan here, he is one of the best sellers in professional wrestling, he is/was very smart. My final point is something worth pointing out, but I don't overly mind but everyone involved in this match minus Patrick; is out and out Heels; the crowd were receptive to who was involved though.

Basic Result: I know I have told you already, but I still have to do the admin; the WCW World Tag Team Champions Haarlem Heat [Booker T & Stevie Ray with Sister Sherry] Retain their Championships here.

Now sadly RIP 14/08/1958-04/08/2021; he was going under the wrestling persona of Earl Robert Eaton, but he will always be best remembered for being under the wrestling persona of  "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and one half of this legendary tag team The Midnight Express/The Original Midnight Express

with "Sweet "Stan Lane with Jim Cornett, but full disclosure they were a little bit before my time so I have seen bits of them together and separately as it relates to Eaton and before I have wrestling historians coming back I know based on a little bit of research, there were different members in this tag team at one point or another; I am just using the one I have seen so far, but I don't know much about The Midnight Express/The Original Midnight Express, but their legacy and reputation, always get brought up in wrestling circles as it relates to tag team wrestling, so as a sign of respect I use the word legendary. Hopefully I will cover more tag team wrestling/history over the years to come, because if you have been following me long enough you know I like tag team wrestling, so on one hand I am absolutely destroyed that the WWE have turned this art form into a joke on their main rosters, but absolutely delighted that AEW are making it a cornerstone of their wrestling promotion.

RIP Sherri "Sensationally"/"Sister Sherry" Martel; 08/02/1958-15/06/2007,, I began watching wrestling when she was in her manager stage of her career; she has many wrestling names for another example under the WWF she went under the name "Sensationally" Sherry. This was back in the time where if you were given a manager more often than not they would see great potential in this individual or tag team or stable or other and she deserves to be seen as a legendary manager and once again before I have the wrestling historians after me I have only seen her in one wrestling match and she was at the very least solid as a performer of what I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment