Saturday 6 February 2021

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 8: A Mad Tea-Party by AverageMansReviews

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 8: A Mad Tea-Party by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there are flashing effects/other effects

Storyline: this is good

"Have I missed something here?": Let's begin on the positive side of the coin as it relates to character developments; Beth Kane/Alice is amazing in this episode, yes as everyone should know by now she is deeply damaged and unhinged, but the viewers can really understand her as a person [I'm not condoning the evil things she has done or is going to do,] but without going on and on about it; her core motivation is something pure and innocent of "In one way or another my biological family left me behind when I was just a young girl." So anything her family face now isn't by her  doing but their doing [yes I am aware that sounds really screwed up and isn't that pure and innocent, but as I have already made reference to this; she is a very damaged person, so if they didn't leave her behind to begin with or tried much harder to find her they wouldn't be in this current situation.]

So on the negative side of the character developments coin this is where I ask "Have I missed something here?" I now find it incredibly rich that Colonet Jacob Kane her and Kate's Father and now Kate Kane her Twin Sister/Batwoman are now seeking revenge against Beth Kane/Alice.

You have got to be joking here seriously? Colonet Kane gave up way too early, I mean without giving too much away he didn't even check the results given to him by Catherine Hamilton-Kane, so for some strange reason I don't think just apologizing to Beth Kane/Alice is just going to make everything all right, be it from her father or Twin Sister [I am aware that Kate at the time of this tragedy was a child herself; but now seeking revenge is still rich] or Stepmother, so in essence they created Alice; what with being left in this situation where it was incredibly unstable, abusive in one way or another and so on and so forth so I honestly don't think just saying sorry and moving on as one big happy family is going to cut it.

Mary Hamilton; has now joined the characters on the negative side of the coin after this episode, because she knows roughly at this point that her mother isn't exactly an upstanding and honourable individual especially in this scene that Beth Kane/Alice points out about her mother and this no antidote.

But now is angry at Beth/Alice and Kate Kane, but I am thinking "Well your mother isn't a victim in all of this; she dealt with dangerous people so eventually she was going to get burned." It would have been supremely better if Mary had said something to the effect of "I know my mother wasn't exactly clean and may be her business dealings were shifty and maybe she deserved what was coming to her, but she was still my mother."

That is how you build three-dimensional characters with substance, instead of coming off as a really annoying character which I have to be honest these characters which I am finding very annoying are very quickly becoming nails on a chalkboard to me for sure.

Battling with the Crows Security: the action and art go hand-in-hand here we have Kate Kane/Batwoman with a Staff in hand doing battle with these members of the Crows Security; now when this TV program can be bothered it can be a good mixture of entertaining action with an engaging artistic vision all wrapped into one this is what we have whenever this action sequence is seen on screen.

This episode receives: 9/10, this episode is excellent; yes I have massively criticized it, but however Beth Kane/Alice as I have already said is amazing in this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment