Wednesday 20 January 2021

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 1: Pilot by AverageMansReviews

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 1: Pilot by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: these reviews for this TV show will work under the rules of between 3 to 5 things about this episode.

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there are flashing effects/other effects/medical procedure.

Stop with the memory flashback thing: now just before I begin here; if you're wondering why I have started here; it is because it is a Storyline component and I like to begin with a Storyline component in one way or another.

Now in theory I have no problem with rotating from one time line on to another [like the DC's Arrow 2012-2020 TV program] does with fluently and seamlessly rotating between one present time and the other being previous or other [full disclosure I haven't seen the final two seasons of this TV program yet, because of the global situation it looks like we won't be getting any new episodes for a while which is completely understandable, so I have decided to save up my series linked TV programs to get me through these dark days yes I am talking about the Arrowverse.

But basically the Arrow TV program shows us how it should be done with being highly engaging, informative and I am just saying if an episode was running out of steam or anything to that effect, they could always rotate to a different timeline for a segment and come back to where we were to kick-start this scene or segment with a renewed enthusiasm from the breakaway from it and using the energy from previous segment or they could always go to a different storyline segment, in short as long as you plan things out properly in the grand scheme of things the options are there to do many things if and when they want to.

You may have wondered why I have gone on so much about the Arrow TV program in this review? Well, well it is because in Batwoman it is the worst execution of this format I have ever seen on every single level, it is so bad I would be ashamed and embarrassed to let it see the light of day, I really would have scrapped it straightaway; it is cheap and tacky it does nothing to assist the episode, where I said earlier roughly and in short about the Arrow TV program about having options at its disposal.

Based on this one episode alone and if it continues in this vein, it won't have these options, because it really doesn't help that as I have already said they are really cheap and tacky and on top of that it really doesn't help the situation when these segments are done with the same pacing, the same atmosphere everything the same so the viewers are going from this one melodic slow pace garbage executed mental imagery back to the present day to experience something of the same tone and the same garbage; so all I can say here is "Whomever worked on this; good variety people,  what a choice I have; Not!

Under the ice: because I don't want to give too much away here is a brief description Kate Kane dives under this ice for this key; this is good art and action going hand-in-hand in this entire segment it is good viewing.

“You're a female Bruce Wayne":  yes this does get said in this episode from Colonel Kane [Father] to Kate Kane [Daughter,] Who came up with this element? Because it is beyond dumb, because everything else minus the previous points I have just made; we the viewers really don't need this comparison to be said in the slightest! Because if you want Kate Kane or Kate Kane/Batwoman to stand on her own two feet from the very beginning don't compare her to a man/Bruce Wayne/Batman and if you think you're being funny it isn't funny, so in essence in this one small element of dialogue they have put her in the shadows of Wayne/Batman which is beyond dumb, why would they put their lead character for this Season in this position to begin with? She is in no way shape or form going to come out of Wayne's/Batman's shadow [even Dick Grayson didn't as Robin; hence why eventually he left the dynamic duo to go their separate ways.]

But I digress so I ask again why put her there in the first place? They could have had her build her own path and legacy and given her space and time to develop into her own character; yes using Wayne's/Batman's equipment and other things but gradually over time making her own way and possibly her own equipment or at the very least versions of her weapons, equipment or other accessories and other things given time; so she becomes Batwoman inside and out alongside Wayne/Batman as equals, it has just dawned on me as well why would you want to put her in this massive, ominous shadow of Wayne/Batman when without giving too much away he isn't in Gotham City anymore? This just seems like falling into a trap of their own making which this is just stupid and besides if Grayson couldn't do it as Robin what makes them think Kate Kane as Batwoman can escape this unavoidable shadow? Talk about not thinking about what you're doing; this could have been all avoided from not having Colonel Kane saying "You're a female Bruce Wayne"

I just want to make you aware that there is another massive character development issue in this episode which I will briefly discuss but for all intents and purposes it doesn't matter which one I had chosen to discuss either of them are just unbelievably dumb, so I am not basically leaving something good out so I can control the narrative of this review; so in a nutshell there is another massive character development that gets discovered in this episode; so what you're basically telling me is instead of building and building and building this character development reveal over the next upcoming episodes you're just going to drop it all in one episode; this is absolutely a stroke of genius [based on the grounds if you don't want people to come back and watch your TV program; then you may as well do it this way, it saves so much time in the long run.]

This episode receives: 1/10, this episode is poor; 1 Episode down another 19 Episodes to go, I hope this TV program gets somewhat better, yes I am aware of its current reputation based on this season, but I can try and be optimistic; this is just speculation on my part mixed in with my viewing experience of just this one episode; Did they send this TV program out to fail? Because it looks like it as it is dead on its arrival and I don't intend to do this, but based on what I have seen so far/experience so far if you have enjoyed me tearing this episode to shreds? I have a feeling this will not be the last time I do this.

Now just before I finish and just to cover my back if there are some people out there in Internet land that feel or think I have been too harsh in this review; can I just point out I have evidence in titled Average Extra of: DC's Batwoman 2019 Season 1 Trailer that would suggest I have stuck up for this TV program previously, but not now [yes I dictate this Season before DC Harley Quinn 2019 [Season 1.]

Average Extra of: DC's Batwoman 2019 Season 1 Trailer Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2019/05/average-extra-of-batwoman-2019-season-1.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment