Tuesday 24 November 2020

Hounds of Love 2016/2017 by AverageMansReviews

Hounds of Love 2016/2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is kidnapping/domestic abuse - mental & physical/sexual assault/animal cruelty/human & animal waste/drugs/repeat stabbing/you are going to need a strong stomach for this title.

Storyline: I really don't like this film, but however from a balanced perspective if it was designed to be a cautionary tale; it achieves its goal and on top of that this film does get left on a question-mark, but then again if this film has been designed to be a situation based film [meaning everything before and after this situation it doesn't matter, we are here to experience this situation and nothing else;] it achieves this as well and the pacing is something that knows what it is doing from beginning to end and sticks to it.

Action/Art: there are weapons being used and combat; moving on to the art there are some good looking scenes in this project [yes I am clutching at straws here;] meaning these very tiny elements are the only thing I can pick that are positive about this film.

Characters/Performances: including the on-screen chemistry they are what they are; they are designed to fulfil their purpose.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; now I have a lot to say here in one way or another somehow this project has either Won 18 Awards or Nominated for 27 Awards to its name; look I get it if it is about a cautionary tale, but I have a very low tolerance for what this film has in it.

So I will try and leave this review on a very little comical note; by saying "that will teach me for picking a random film without reading the description." Yes I basically found it on TV and watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment