Friday 21 August 2020

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE SummerSlam 2020 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE SummerSlam 2020 by AverageMansReviews

Just a quick heads up:  I am dictating this six days away from this pay-per-view so these matches may be in the wrong order and this is speculation but to save time and a lot of effort the hierarchy of the WWE are probably going to recycle some of these matches/rematches at the next WWE pay-per-view WWE Payback which is on precisely a week after this pay-per-view [Sunday 30/08/2020,] I base my thinking on as I have already just said to save time but then again the losers at this pay-per-view are going to want to seek payback at WWE Payback 2020 [you see I think like the WWE it writes itself.]

Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville Hair vs. Hair Match: my pick is Sonya Deville; please WWE do something right for once and take this opportunity and run with it; turn her into a slimmer version of Brock Lesnar [minus his limited involvement contracts for lots of money,] but push her up the Card, eventually put the SmackDown Women's Championship on her.

Update stipulation changed; Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville
No Disqualification Loser Leaves WWE Match: in short because of the terrible personal real-life situation it looks like 99.9% sure [this is just speculation on my part] they are aiming to write her off-screen just so that she can take care of this situation and to take some time off.

Asuka vs. the SmackDown Champion Bayley: my pick is Bayley; in short for now because I will be bringing it up again shortly, Banks will be getting involved.

Asuka vs. the Raw Women’s Champion Sasha Banks: my pick is Sasha Banks; because Bayley will be getting involved. I don't know where to start; well it must be that time of year again where this company buries Asuka; losing twice on one night. But whilst they are burying Asuka, maybe they could find the SmackDown Women's Division in the same hole? This is just a suggestion; but you know if they are busy rewriting things time after time after time may be they could include the SmackDown Women's Division in some capacity other than a degrading capacity [SmackDown Karaoke Showdown] Women's Revolution my posterior.

In a normal situation I would be suggesting that Banks would be losing with Bayley screwing up somehow here; to set up a feud between Bayley vs. Banks for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship at WWE Survivor Series 2020, but if this company has any common sense they would really slow, slow play this; until WWE Royal Rumble 2021, things picking up pace here heading into WrestleMania 37; yes I know this company doesn't do long-term booking, but because of this global situation and if they want the right payoff to this situation, I see no other option and this feud given the option should be on a wrestleMania stage anyway [on a quick side note yes I would prefer to turn Banks Face over Bayley; Bayley as a Face you cannot do much with based on her first very long run as a Face.

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs.
the Universal Champion "The Monster" Braun Strowman
Falls Count Anywhere: my pick is "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt with interference from Alexa Bliss as Sister Abigail, I always had the feeling that they would do this Championship drop here so I'm going to stick with it. Additional now they have added this stipulation of Falls Count Anywhere, they have pretty much told us two things; the first is there is definitely going to be a new Champion here and secondly they did it to protect Stroman from the loss, I can't fault this strategy. But I would have preferred if they announced it on the night, just as a little bombshell or at the very least a little something we didn't see coming.

MVP vs. the United States Champion Apollo Crews: my pick is MVP; so the WWE want to continue building up Lashley, MVP and Benjamin so for that to happen why not give them the United States Championship to make them feel and look like the real deal. On one hand I get what is happening here, because they could do that consequently Crews could go through this metamorphosis as it relates to his character developments as in turn him Heel, but on the other hand I want to see the younger talent to get put over. I know I have contradicted myself, basically whatever decision they make here either go completely one way or the other, so don't have Crews lose here not to do something with the loss and the same can be said for if he wins. [Yes it is very true I have just copied and pasted this with a couple of additional words from WWE Extreme Rules 2020, because this match didn't take place here due to Crews not being passed fit on his pre-match physical.]

Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins Street Fight: my pick is Dominik Mysterio; as it is his in-ring debut with a helping hand from Ray Mysterio as he will be in Dominik's corner, which this wouldn't hurt Rollins and it conveniently sets up a rematch between Ray Mysterio for WWE Payback and I expect Rollins' disciples to get involved as well just in case you were thinking I forgot them whomever they are now; I know Buddy Murphy is one, but that is it.

Andrade & Angel Garza vs.
the Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits: my pick is The Street Profits; I know I don't watch WWE TV programming anymore but why are Andrade & Angel Garza still a team? Let me guess the only reason they are still a team is because the Raw Tag Team Division has as much depth to it as a young children's paddling pool, I should imagine this also goes for the SmackDown Tag Team Division and the Woman's Tag Team Division as well, this is the weakest match on the Card for me [even in or out of this global situation we know by many years of experience that this company doesn't care about tag team wrestling] I have just even had to go and remind myself who are the SmackDown Tag Team Champions are [Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura.] But it has to be said Andrade should be much higher on the Card, wrestling for individual Championships and as it currently stands it looks like we will never get Cesaro or Shinsuke Nakamura as either a WWE or Universal Champion which is just a crime in itself, yes I want to see Andrade up and around this area of the Card wrestling for at least one of these major Championships, I mean if the WWE took tag team wrestling seriously, I wouldn't have a problem seeing these quality wrestlers wrestling for them like AEW, but as tag team wrestling within the WWE has became like "when we don't have anything else better for these two characters/performers to do let's just put them together in one of our three Tag Team Divisions which are a shambles."

Randy Orton vs. the WWE Champion Drew McIntyre: my pick is Randy Orton; now I can't take credit for this, someone has speculated that Orton is winning here from interference from Ric Flair, now once again this is just speculation; but this is one of those very rare occasions that the WWE may be doing long-term booking so in short they may take the WWE Championship off McIntyre now to hopefully give it back to him at WrestleMania 37 hopefully in front of a live crowd; I can't disagree with this speculation; it is sound and if this does turn out to be the case McIntyre deserves this and to give credit if it's true the WWE are trying to do what is right in this situation and then trying to replay the situation again to give it the live response it rightly deserves and at least Orton is a good pair of hands to drop this Championship to.


No comments:

Post a Comment