Tuesday 2 June 2020

Young Adult 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Young Adult 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there are elements of substance abuse, self harm, mental health, a miscarriage and everything I will be discussing in this review and yes I am more than qualified to say.

Storyline/Characters/Performances: now in one way or another these three components work hand-in-hand; so the storyline it is poor and it leaves everything on every single level with a massive question-mark or question-marks and likewise the movement is agonizingly slow in its own right, but on top of that working together with the character developments of our lead character/performer Gary/Theron it is like taking a greater to my grapefruits this is how painful it was for me to watch this film.

Now we come to the reasons why I have massive problems with this film; we have this person in her late 30's that is washed up in every sense of the word, be it professionally or personally, so she decides to go back to her hometown which she hates to rekindle with her ex-boyfriend.

But he is happily married with a baby now, but she doesn't care about this fact, as long as she gets what she wants everything is fine, basically she was an IT girl at High School [this basically means the popular girl] and now that she is washed up and done what she wants, she now wants to come back and pick up where she left off, regardless if everyone in this community has moved on and more importantly got a little bit at the very least of contentment in the majority of cases or as it relates to Matt Freehauf/Oswalt he is definitely either mentally or emotionally or physically showing [or all three the scars] of High School [yes I would say on some level he has a drop of contentment, but no way as much as he rightly deserves.]

I mean even when Matt Freehauf/Oswalt is there for our lead character/performer; the penny doesn't drop for her; that okay he may not be much to look at but he will be there for you, even though back in the day of High School you wouldn't have given him a look and even when the penny drops that she needs to change the character/performer Sandra Freehauf Matt'Sister/Wolfe says "No you don't" but I should just point out in this scene/dialogue exchange there is enough here to suggest she is just saying things that Gary/Theron possibly wants to hear, but don't worry she will quickly regret doing this. Because she asks if Gary/Theron to take her with her [because earlier in the conversation we find out she is not content here.] But in good old-fashioned Gary/Theron says no you're good here, consequently Sandra Freehauf/Wolfe looks and feels slightly devastated/retreats more back into herself and left sitting on this seat in the kitchen.

Performances; I mean if this is what they were going for because of their character developments; they achieved that to a very high standard, there is on-screen chemistry.

Art: there are some good-looking scenes, the inner workings of this music tape and music tape player in this vehicle Gary/Theron is driving and we have this band playing and singing.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; because it doesn't address the fact that even though I have been heavily against the character Mavis Gary [it should be made crystal clear I have no problem with Theron] it doesn't address her issues and she does need long-term medical help.

This film should be used as a cautionary tale for anyone be it male or female that are extremely popular at High School and beyond, because let's just say I was one of those people that was chosen last for everything and I still am, but I have learned for 99.9% of those people that came back into my life, they can now just keep walking, unless they spoke to me like an adult, for one example said something to the effect of  "Apologies for knowingly using you or not, I was in my 20's and now heading into my 40's, I have come to learn that I should have been there for you or maybe given you the time of day or possibly a date." We could hopefully move on from that depending who the individual is in question and yes just to cover my back,  I would be exactly the same if the lead character/performer was a male instead of a female, I will say this; I really don't take too kindly to anyone picking up and dropping off people when it suits them and because I don't like making this public knowledge without a good reason, I do have a long-term mental health illness as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment