Monday 30 December 2019

Marvel's Inhumans [Season 1,] Episode 8: ...And Finally: Black Bolt by AverageMansReviews

Marvel's Inhumans [Season 1,] Episode 8: ...And Finally: Black Bolt by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this is another good episode

5 things about this episode

Storylines/Origin storyline: well we have two supporting characters/performers and one very limited scenes character/performer in this episode, with some of our characters/performers sharing some screen time in one way or another with them [in a very short-term narrative,] whilst we have some other main characters/performers dealing with things on the moon [dealing with different things in smaller numbers at some points.]

This storyline generally speaking feels very rushed and very messy [in a nutshell it feels like they are having to squeeze everything in,] when they should have been spacing everything out into these eight episodes and make these eight episodes feel more fuller and the origin storyline explains a lot in this episode.

Action sequences: in short these are good.

Character developments/Performances: because of what I said about this storyline earlier in this review, it does feel like these two points are also affected as well [from the perspective of the majority of these characters have had a massive upgrade from the previous episode as it relates to their character developments. But the viewers will never get to see how these characters/performers with given time would have turned out simply based on this fact this would be the final episode of this season and ever, I will discuss this later [in the final paragraph of this blog,] but I continue it's like the majority of these characters/performers have been given these character developments to digest, but as I have been watching many different projects throughout the years, the kind of character developments these performers were given, it would have taken time to assimilate and these character developments to look natural and progressive [the timescale I am talking about could have been started at episode three and may be showing through more noticeably stronger at episode seven this kind of thing.]

I should just point out the timescale I have suggested is just based on the fact that this TV program has just eight episodes and even though I have suggested it; it would be still too much of a rush, but hypothetically if this was a 13 or 22 episodes season, you would see/feel the gradual character developments so towards the end of the season you would see/feel the changes and by the beginning of season two these characters/performers would have a deeper understanding and connection with their characters and in print themselves onto their versions of their characters, basically these performers needed more time with these character developments; more time the better, but as things are the performances are good.

This episode receives: 6/10, there is a lot happening in this episode and this mark is a fair conclusion.

Now this is one of those TV programs, where I can sit back and say "This TV program wasted its potential and it had so much potential, that now I have seen all of this TV program minus these two things if somehow I lose these reviews or someone wanted me to watch them with them, I couldn't watch this TV program again in my own personal time; because on one hand I would be reminded of how much potential this TV program has or had which it does make itself known on different levels in this season and on the other hand how things really turned out in reality with putting its potential to one side."

I can really understand why it got cancelled; just based on my viewing experience yes even though the majority of this season I have given similar marks to these episodes [I would just like to say again the majority,] it would take most of another season to basically re-boot this version of this TV program, which if I was in control of renewing or cancelling TV programs or thinking of trying a re-boot [starting from scratch again on everything,] I just couldn't justify the expenditure of two of these options [just to cover my back for in the future, because you never know what the future holds,] I'm going to say for here and now and the foreseeable future, based on what I know at this point anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment