Saturday 15 June 2019

Air Force One 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Air Force One 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is mixed

Fundamental elements: there are words on screen, cultural elements, background music, no subtitles being used when another language is being used, voice-over elements, interpreter elements, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement of this title including the fundamental elements is not much fun, I know before I continue I have said when it is appropriate that I am not a strong reader, but with that being said this title needed subtitles. Because there is a secondary language being used that often that not only does it justify subtitles being used in the first place, but also the audience have no idea what is being said [on a quick side note unless you know this language or have learned this language,] but if like me you have no idea what is being said you are very much stuck.

But there's more, the background music can be seen as a minus I mean don't get me wrong in the action sequences or the celebration thing is fine do whatever you want, I came back and scrapped like 93% of this paragraph, because I was discussing it in another paragraph as you will see later and the more I was thinking about it, I was leaning towards I don't like it.

Storyline: in short it is straightforward.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used, combat, Fighter Jets, armoured Helicopters, Air Force One [in a film sense,] parachutes and air to air sequences such as when Air Force One fires infrared decoy flares and moving on to the artistic visions, one a character/characters leaves Air Force One by parachute and when this plane crash lands [I could be completely wrong with what I'm about to say next,] but when Air Force One crashes it looks like this was done by computer technology [yes by today's standards very old computer technology,] but I would still consider these examples to be of an artistic vision

Character developments/Performances: the character developments are the standard formula for this kind of film. The performances are mixed [this is where I change my mind,] because as I said earlier the more I was thinking about it, the more; I was more like "When there is no background music and just dialogue exchanges and possibly natural background sounds like people moving around or anything like this I found it easier to settle down with these characters and I have just realized in fairness and balance I should include the fact that this film uses a secondary language/there is in a song and a secondary language without subtitles as well, that without this background music and subtitles issues this film would have been looking at a higher mark, not much higher but higher nonetheless."

This film receives: 5/10, now it may sound like I am punishing the background music even the background music which is there in the background [doing its job,] but I look at it as if somebody gave me the option of the background music all in [as it is] or all out [just having background sounds of people doing things or anything like this?] I would say all out for sure including the fact that subtitles would have helped this film a lot as well. But maybe the fact that this film comes from the 1990's doesn't help either, meaning there was a lot of time where background music in films was used to move the film or an over reliance on background music in one way or another in the project in question [I should just point out this is just a generalization from the 1970's to maybe the early 2000's,] yes we still get background music this will never go away, but what has changed is how it is used as just point out again this is just a generalization.

Because I don't want someone from the Internet landscape to point out "I found this film from 2015 and it uses so much background music", but just to finish off now this mark is a fair conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment