Saturday 23 March 2019

Until Death 2007 by AverageMansReviews

Until Death 2007 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor.

Fundamental elements:  there are words and numbers on screen, voice-over elements, quick moving effects, mental imagery, background music, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used, combat elements and the only tiny bit I found interesting was where these two bullets casing go up in the air and slightly touch one another, this can also be seen as an artistic vision as well.

Storyline/Character developments/Performances: all three of these elements are really poor, now because these three elements have a lot to do with one another, I will be very careful on what I say about them.

I didn't find this storyline to be interesting, I found it really boring which in turn gave me plenty of time to poke holes in this title such as the character developments, without giving too much away our lead role goes through this life changing thing in fact he should be dead but there we go he is alive.

Now him being alive or dead isn't the point I'm trying to make here, but just off the top of my head he shouldn't be able to aim and fire a gun without difficulty or throw a punch and it land with force and where he wanted it or anything like this. Yes he does have speak to issues and a limp for some time, but there should be more.

I am not done yet; with his injury, you would expect some long-term memory loss which may or may not come back in time, so my rhetorical question would be this; why are these characters taking the opportunity or opportunities to talk to him about his life before this? When there is or should be a possibility he isn't going to remember in the first place, don't get me wrong he does have some memory loss and needs re-educating, but because of his injury there should have been more of a struggle to remember things before this situation happened.

It's like before this situation the lead character was far, far from a nice person and after this situation some of the other character chose to be unpleasant to him, when he is trying to do right now, [but as I have already said in one way or another he isn't going to be the same person,] so why not have a fresh start or at the very least be amicable or leave each other alone [now I have said all of this; this doesn't go for the main evildoer] and generally speaking the performances are poor.

This film receives: 1/10, now just to make sure I am being balanced and fair in this review, when our lead character is trying to do right these moments are glimpses of what this title may be should have been more about instead of what we have in this title, for one example this character backs up our lead character [that is all I can say without saying too much,] so I am not backtracking when I said generally speaking these performances are poor. Because generally speaking they are, but I can see there are some moments or scene or scenes or sequences where the character developments and the performances have substance in them here and there and just before I finish I don't have a medical background or education, but logically speaking with his injury I was expecting him to have more difficulties or worse [I was just thinking I would clarify that before I finished.]


No comments:

Post a Comment