Tuesday 26 March 2019

The Liability 2012 by AverageMansReviews

The Liability 2012 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed

Fundamental elements: there are words and numbers on screen, cultural elements, voice-over elements, mental imagery, background music, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement of this project is slow generally speaking, but it does kind of get better [I will explain this more later on in this review.]

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and combat elements.

Comedy level: there is a comedy level in this project and it ranges from mature to adult contents in one way or another, for one example briefly a character gets hit by a car.

Character developments/Performances: these characters feel like and look like they were meant to turn out this way, so if this is the case I can't really criticize the performances too much, with that being said I'm going to say they did something with what was given to them [minus one character/performer, he will be in the next paragraph.]

Tim Roth as Roy does so much for this project on a whole, he pulls this film together and gives it some momentum [I should just point out that this title is not the most quickest anyway, this has been done by design.] But it does need something or somebody to be around this title off or on screen just to keep things moving [I am aware I have just said off and on screen, it is just when this character/performer enters this project things feel better,] his character is interesting, good and as I have already said in different ways his performance can be felt in this title.

This film receives: 4/10, now I may have said this before in different reviews that I am not too keen on or I don't like question-mark endings [here is a rough description of what this means; it basically means everything or something or a question has been left such as what happened next?,] but I may have said in some previous reviews at some point, when I see strange film titles like this; it doesn't surprise me when or if a question-mark for an ending style happens. How can I put this; it's like saying well you are and were a strange project, so why break the mold at the closing stages or at the end, so to wrap up this review this mark feels right.


No comments:

Post a Comment