Tuesday 12 February 2019

The Equalizer 2 2018 by AverageMansReviews

The Equalizer 2 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is poor.

Fundamental elements: there are words and a number on screen, slow-motion effects, background music, voice-over elements, yes and no to subtitles being used when another language is being used, mental imagery, cultural elements, time jumps and place jumps.

I may as well come out and say it from the very beginning, this sequel never gets going; yes there are some scenes or sequences where it does get going but then again it quickly returns to how it was before the scene or scenes or sequence.

Storyline: the main storyline is predictable and this will not be the only time I will be using the word predictable, but the tiny or extra storyline elements gives this sequel substance such as for one example our lead role trying to be a positive influence over this younger African-American.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and combine elements, the action sequence in a moving car, this was something worth pointing out and saying this was something different.

Character developments/Performances: besides the whole younger African-American character developments the rest of them are predictable really. I don't know what to say about the performances to be fair, because I can't say they are poor because were they making something out of what was given to them or as you can probably tell where they just fighting an uphill battle to try to make this film work on multiple levels throughout, so I have decided to go with they were doing their job.

This film receives: 2/10, I know I have already discussed this briefly; but to be fair to myself this is the only out and out positive I can mention; the whole trying to be a positive influence on the younger African-American character is good, in short this sequel is boring and on a side note one of my cats decided to sit on my lap and fall asleep which I found this much, much, much, much more interesting and enjoyable considering this was the first time she had ever done this in roughly 20 years more or less, so it is worth mentioning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment