Saturday 19 January 2019

Black Panther 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Black Panther 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: generally speaking this film is excellent.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements with another language being used with subtitles , there are time jumps and place jumps, a word or words and numbers on screen [I cannot remember if it was a word on screen or just words] and there is background music being used in this title as well.

Now I have gotten the basics out of the way with I can go a little bit more deeper, now don't get me wrong the mark I will give this title is well-deserved, but first I am going to talk about some of the problems I have with this title such as sometimes the background music works hand-in-hand with the scene or sequence that it is a part of, basically it fits in excellently to create this atmosphere which brings everything else together, but sometimes the background music is something loud and something just there or just there.

Moving on to my next point; I don't know what happens really, you see at some point this title really does slow down in its momentum and it does find itself again, but it has to be said when this project loses its momentum or rhythm or anything you would like to call it, this film does feel completely different it begins with a real identity to it and at some point it suddenly slows down [it is like someone has turned off a light switch,] but some time later it is like the same person has come back to turn on the light switch which in turn makes this film lively again and as if no one has touched that light switch in the first place.

Artistic visions/Action sequences: the artistic visions are firstly many upon many and secondly they are well used throughout this project, be it the landscapes or the costumes and accessories or [trying not to give too much away,] seeing and discussing things with characters that are no longer on this earth, these elements are interesting and great-looking.

Now for the action sequences, they are fun and well presented they all give this title some value in one way or another, I should just point out the action sequences are entertaining, but then again it just depends what background music accompanies them, is depending how much I like them [I still like the ones with the slightly off-putting background music,] but I do prefer the ones that use the right background music if any, with the action sequence.]

Performances: for me they range from just before good to very good, I haven't seen the future but if at some point they were going to make a sequel, I would be really interested to see that because I think this lead character and other elements have much to offer the MCU [Marvel Cinematic Universe.]

This film receives: 8/10, taking everything into consideration yes this film does have problems, but then again it is just too good to be given anything less than what mark I have given it, I am really interested to see what they could do with this character in another individual title.



No comments:

Post a Comment