Thursday 27 September 2018

The Transformers 1984 -- 1987 [Season 1, Volume 2] Episode 15: A Plague of Insecticons by AverageMansReviews

The Transformers 1984 -- 1987 [Season 1, Volume 2] Episode 15: A Plague of Insecticons  by AverageMansReviews















Review Time: this episode is excellent.

Character developments: we have three new characters in this episode, collectively known as Insecticons, at this point the Autobots have the Dinobots and the Decepticons have the Insecticons, generally speaking without giving too much away this is where things get more layered as it relates to the character developments. Because some people out there in Internet land may not know this; yes these two groups of characters may belong to the Autobots or the Decepticons, but if we were to look at the Dinobots  firstly, they are not evil characters but their personality traits including their mental capacity is somewhere between children to teenagers, which basically means they are going to say no if someone asks them to do something or at the very least be argumentative or anything else like this. Moving on to the Insecticons, these characters look out for themselves as a group collective, so if it doesn't benefit them there is a high possibility they will leave Megatron and the other Decepticons or anybody they are associated with high and dry for self-preservation.

Action sequences: here are just some elements for you to look out for in this episode; seeing what these new characters can do, moving on to this double-team between Optimus Prime and Autobot [Brawn,] where Optimus Prime throws Brawn up to take on/land on in the air this Insecticon Shrapnel [on a quick side note this could be the wrong name for this Insecticon,] I have been looking at pictures and I even got a secondary opinion from someone else just to make sure that the picture or character I was looking at was the same in the episode, so apologies if I have gotten it wrong.

Reflector: now because I have been talking about small groups of characters, I should take some time to talk about a group of characters that go by the name of Reflector [they are Decepticons, their transformed state is of a camera,] there are three of them and their names are Viewfinder, Spectro and Spyglass, they are around before the Dinobots and now the Insecticons. I don't know too much about these characters in fact I had to go and research elements of this paragraph, because I could be wrong about this; but is it me or don't we see these characters being used that often and before I receive feedback, I think we get to see them as individual characters here and there, but not as Reflector, [at this point I think this collective has been used twice in this TV series up to this point,] before I say my next comment I just want to point out I believe it to be a fair one; I guess if these characters were used more often individually or together throughout the years I may have got to know them better and it doesn't help that these characters are identical in every way such as physically and verbally when they are together as a collective but three different characters. [Now for one example they could have different things on their bodies or anywhere on them as long as it relates to their transformed form, for the audience to know who is who.]

This episode receives: 8/10, after taking everything into consideration including things I haven't discussed for one example the triple-teams where most of the Autobots work together in two sets of threes [that is as much as you’re going to get from me] this mark feels right.


No comments:

Post a Comment