Thursday 19 July 2018

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 1] Episode 3: Quest for the Dragon's Eye by AverageMansReviews

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 1] Episode 3: Quest for the Dragon's Eye by AverageMansReviews














Review Time: this episode is excellent.

Basic background information: Totems; these are magical animal forms given from Merklynn to the Visionaries on achieving their way to Merklynn's shrine for the first time in the first episode. Now these animal totems are given to these characters individually based on in a nutshell everything about them such as personality traits, how they deal with situations on the way to Merklynn's shrine and many other things [basically these animal totems are what these people would be like if they were born into the animal kingdom instead of human beings.] You can see these totems on these characters chest plates and these animal forms or transformations will happen when the character needs their animal form.

Artistic visions: here are just two examples of them; these giant hands/bit of arms coming-out of Merklynn's sacred pool to hold some characters in the air to Destruction being released from his holding in this Power staff, I am sure that this is the magical power's name as well as his purpose, but just to cover my own back I will just say I could be wrong about this name [yes later on in a different review I will discuss power staffs.]

So this magic character or creature gets released by his controller under the instructions of another character to release his beast so he does, but instead of focusing on what he should be focusing on, this magical creature decides to go and chase after this giant cat creature [which appears by rising out of this building and destroying this building at the same time,] but generally speaking the artistic visions in this episode are lots of fun, to be fair throughout this TV program the artistic visions are of a very high quality with excellent imagination used as well.

This episode receives: 9/10, this episode is an excellent conclusion to these opening three episodes which are connected by continuations [to be continued or something like that,] I think I have a better connection with this episode slightly more than the previous two episodes I don't know what it is because as my marks would show they are excellent and I don't mind continuations, but just maybe in this episode they slow down on introducing new things and work on things which are already in play [yes just for those picky people out there in Internet land they do introduce another character in this episode,] but besides this; they focus on recurring elements.

If I should have forgotten anything new other than the character I have just mentioned I apologize, I have just taken two minutes to think about this; but I don't think I am too keen on too much of their main event material being shown off in such a short amount of time, but in fairness to myself I logically put forward in one of my previous reviews why they did this; so if you haven't seen that episode review I basically said something to the effect of; it may have had something to do with merchandise sales [I have no way of proving this but nonetheless it would seem a logical approach] and no I am not going to change the marks of the previous episodes, but instead I'm just more comfortable with the marks I have already chosen.



No comments:

Post a Comment