Friday 20 July 2018

Boat Trip 2002/2003 by AverageMansReviews

Boat Trip 2002/2003 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is poor

Fundamental elements: there are subtitles being used and then not being used, background music including singing and lip-synching, slow-motion effects, cultural elements, words on screen, a voice-over element, place jumps and time jumps.

Comedy level: I don't know what to say really, because there are some funny moments such as when the lead character has problems with his bodily functions in this hot air balloon or in a nutshell your Mother's diet element or when a character is basically telling our lead character and another character, that this person that has just left the scene has substance abuse issues [but he isn't voicing them, he is doing these movements that are associated with these activities,] I have just realized these two elements I have been discussing are in the travel agents/booking scenes, but briefly for heavy amounts of the time the comedy level is tedious.

Gay: the thing is how this film deals with this subject matter; is mostly cheap and yes don't get me wrong there were some moments where I found it funny or I may have giggled out of boredom or something else, but it just feels like most of the time they took the low road.

But in fairness there are some scenes where for a moment they kind of cut the rubbish out and focus on being gay in the sensible way, briefly the telling my Father I am gay scene or when we have the lead character dressing up in drag or I think it is drag, a massive apologies if I have gotten this wrong [yes this character is straight pretending to be gay,] but putting that to one side, this scene comes across as put together properly with the audience in this scene just having fun and being themselves [minus the ex-girlfriend at the end of this sequence.]

Action sequences: these elements give this title value, be it the flare gun sequence or the parachute jump sequence.

Performances: generally speaking they are poor, minus this; when this character tells another character about his Father.

This film receives: 2/10, this project just about does enough for me to give this mark, the only two ways I would watch this project again is if I had to for some reason re-dictate this review or at a push someone had asked me if I can watch it with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment