Tuesday 31 July 2018

Lost in Space 1998 by AverageMansReviews

Lost in Space 1998 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is poor

Fundamental elements: there is a voice-over element, numbers and words on screen, time jumps and place jumps.

Science-fiction elements/Action sequences: both of these give this title value, it either looks well put together or something worthwhile watching or I am trying to be fair here and say the science-fiction elements or the action sequences

Storyline/Performances: this storyline is terrible, I mean I get it; they get lost in space [I mean it says it in the title,] but they could have come up with something better than this; in short for 130 minutes of a film title I want a better payoff than just these characters in space then the ending credits suddenly appear, how about rewriting the end of this title to include 20 minutes or something to that effect where these characters discuss heading towards another planet, landing on this planet, where we leave these characters building a campsite [so that it just says to the audience if we get the green light for a sequel, we will begin here but if we don't as far as we know they went exploring on this planet and potentially many other planets.] Yes I am aware that my idea sounds a little bit cheesy, but then again this took me a short amount of time to come up with something like this and it is something slightly better than what this title went with and more importantly at least my idea has the potential to feel like a better rounded feel to the end of this project [I will say this again then what they went with.]

The performances now this is a difficult thing, because are these performances poor or were these performers trying to make something out of what was given to them, you see I do try to remain unbiased in all of my blogs, but in cases such as this; the question has to be asked Is it the performers or the script which makes these performances poor? I have to say generally speaking firstly I think it is a bit of column A. and a bit of column B. and secondly these performances range from poor to mixed to be fair or reasonable.

This film receives: 3/10, if the truth was known giving this project a mark hasn't been easy, because let me put it this way when this title is good, it can be anything between watchable to interesting to good or somewhere around here, but when it is not so good, it can be anything from watchable to this title is tedious to after I have done this review I can either never see this project again or go many years without seeing it, so in a round-about way a 3 out of 10 seems just about right to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment