Friday 27 July 2018

Kill'em All 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Kill'em All 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is poor.

Fundamental elements: there is a word or words and numbers on screen, previous events happening in the opening credits [like little flashback things,] this moving effect [something like in this case we have the lead character walking towards this vehicle, but his movements for an rough example like this; take a picture he moves closer to the vehicle, take another picture he moves closer to the vehicle and so on,] I think there is a different style of quick moving effects as well [but I could be wrong about this.]

But let's continue slow-motion effects, voice-over elements, background music, cultural elements, with and without subtitles being used, mental imagery, this fast-forward thing, place jumps and time jumps.

Now I should just point out a couple of things, if I have missed out anything major or I have gotten anything wrong I apologize, but the general movement of this project is very poor, because it goes here and there time jumps or place jumps or anything it wants to do [I really lost my interest in this project quite quickly, okay without making any excuses when this review goes out the weather has been uncomfortably hot, so my interest may or may not have lasted longer if it was slightly cooler or I had a choice between this title and an title, in fact I have many upon many titles to pick from, but in a nutshell I knew I liked the other one.]

I have no problem with admitting that this title is and was such a chore to watch, yes throughout this review you will see that this title has patches of being something I can work with [this was the best way I could think of putting this.]

Action sequences/Performances: the action sequences give this title value, briefly they are of the execute with highly deadly force varieties; there are of weapons being used, combat sequences and training sequences. Moving on to the performances I think I am going to have to say they are patchy, yes usually I would say something to the effect of poor to mixed or something like this; but as it relates to this project there are some moments where are poor to a mixed to being good, or somewhere around here, but then again in the same scene or sequence that I have just highlighted that has potential it could quickly go downhill as it relates to its qualities, in the interest of fairness and balance yes likewise it could go up in quality or stabilize at a standard within the same scene, it really does depend where you are in this project.

This film receives: 2/10 I think this mark is just about right, what with the action sequences, including some of these performances having these moments of I will say potential either separately or together, I feel I should make one more point before I finish this review, because it is a valid hypothetical point.

Now if this film began in the past and rotated forward consistently through as these time jumps and place jumps [as long as they are nothing too big,] would this project and its performers get a better review from me. I would feel comfortable suggesting somewhere between a high-ranking possibility to a yes, I base my reasoning on; all these time jumps or place jumps it makes this film really difficult to settle down with consequently jumping around in time and places kind of makes it really difficult to build a connection with these characters as well [yes I am aware that at some points in this film they give you background information,] but I am talking about a consistent connection to these characters which can only be built without too much information being thrown at your audience or audiences in one go or information generally, so if they did begin this film in the past the viewers could pick up this information at sensible points and in smaller chunks as well which in turn is easier to digest.


No comments:

Post a Comment