Thursday 26 July 2018

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 2] Episode 9: Horn of Unicorn, Claw of Dragon by AverageMansReviews

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 2] Episode 9: Horn of Unicorn, Claw of Dragon by AverageMansReviews















Review Time: this episode is excellent

Basic background information: The power staffs of the Darkling Lords: these are just two examples of them, the first is Fear it's main controller is Cravex or anyone that holds it and says the magical words or poem or spell "O mist-filled pits, dark, dank, unclear, touch all before me with frost-fingered fear!" [The amount of times you can use this with one charge is once.]

The second one is Invulnerability its main controller is Lexor or anyone that holds it and says the magical words or poem or spell "The arrows turn, the swords repel, let nothing pierce this mortal shell!" [The amount of times you can use this with one charge is once.]

Storylines/Character developments/Comedy level: now at some point this episode gets split down into roughly three sections where you have two pairings of characters looking for some things and in two different locations and one where you see these three characters having this conversation in one scene but it has to be said, I don't think I am too keen on the woodland fantasy characters [Woodland Imps I think that is what they are called and how it is spelled but I could be wrong,] you will know these characters when you see them in a nutshell there are three of them, briefly I don't mind them I do understand their purpose, but if I had to pick up one thing to take a mark off this episode this would be it, yes the comedy element known as [give me a hand,] where one Darkling Lord asks another one to give him a hand and briefly these woodland characters stand close to the situation chairing and clapping or something like this; but in the interest of fairness and balance there are other comedy elements.

Action sequences: now without saying too much for one example there are two Spectral Knights sitting down from somewhere high up watching this situation develop below and talking about things at the same time, whilst these two characters are having this conversation, these two mystical creatures are battling for their potential lives, this sequence is of a very high standard [then again I do continuously give high praise for the action sequences in this TV series.]

Hunting/Moral message: there are elements of hunting in this episode in one way or another, moving on to the moral message, before I continue I am aware that one of the Darkling Lord's had evil intentions just before the conclusion of this bargain, but putting this to one side there is enough here for me to say this; in the later stages of this episode it highlights; just for once let's put our differences to one side and look at the bigger picture, for those picky people out there in Internet land yes these two sets of characters don't work together as such, but it is more about upholding a bargain/deal and after it is done we will walk away from one another [I should point out that the next time these two sets of characters meet all deals are off.]

This episode receives: 9/10, I am comfortable with this mark; I am not backtracking on anything I have said in this review, but these three characters it is difficult to explain I don't dislike these characters, but at the same time I can't comfortably give this episode 10 out of 10 either, where I gave one previous episode of this TV program 10 out of 10 that was relatively easy to justify, but in this case I could give this episode 10 out of 10 because the artistic visions are fantastic as well but then again it would have a question mark over it, which if you have been following me long enough it would and will irritate me, it's just because yes I may not be as technically gifted or a person with many words, but I am very precise so I will stay with this mark.






No comments:

Post a Comment