Saturday 28 July 2018

Mean Girls 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Mean Girls 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is poor

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements, subtitles being used and then there are times where they are not being used as well, background music, time jumps and place jumps.

Comedy level: yes there are some moments where I did giggle, but there are some occasions that I did laugh mixed with cringing or something like this at the same time, whilst there are some elements I had to replay a few times just to make sure I understood what was happening properly so I could put these occasions in this review and I just had to make sure I didn't mishear or somehow miss-see what I saw [in one of these situations you will have to kind of work out what I am saying,] because I don't feel comfortable talking about it directly considering there maybe all different ages reading this review, so here we go; we have some characters at this Halloween party and one character says something to the effect of that man is a good kisser, another character points out a tree is between this female and male character [I would usually be a little bit more specific and straight to the point, on this example, but in this case I just don't feel comfortable talking about it or leaving it in this review.]

My next examples are where we have two characters talking on the telephone [split screen,] I have no problem with this conversation I was more concerned with what I saw in the background to one of these locations, we have this little girl in the background basically copying what she sees on TV and in this case, I don't know if it was a TV program or an advertisement but my point is this; in this advertisement there were two women ripping off or something to this effect their tops and let's just say it was censored, but the little girl pulled up her top as well [I must make this crystal clear this girl had two tops on so there was one underneath the one she pulled up,] but I still think it is inappropriate and this is not the only time this little girl does something which is not age appropriate, I think at some point before this situation she is dancing to watching TV again, her movements are based on my unbiased opinion are inappropriate for her age, these elements that I am talking about maybe small but they are there nonetheless [I know I have said this already but I just don't feel comfortable talking about this.]

I have already stated there were some tiny occasions where it was funny or I could work with it such as, when we have this character trying to sort out this problem with this portable CD player/radio, in a nutshell she kicks it and it hit somebody in the face, but generally speaking this comedy level has not aged that well.

Performances/Storyline: I don't know what to say about these two elements, simply because I don't know if these performers were just performing their character developments of their characters, meaning if this was what they were going for then this is okay I guess, I can't really criticize them if this is what they were going for but it should be noted that Ms. Norbury [Tina Fey] consistently gives this title substance and meaning, speaking of substance and meaning moves me onto the storyline, you see roughly and I do mean roughly in the final 30 minutes or so give or take [I could be wrong about this as in the time scale,] the storyline has meaning and substance on a sensible level which instead of talking about it because I don't want to give too much away I will take it into consideration in my next paragraph.

This film receives: 2/10, now because of the previous paragraph I couldn't really justify a 1 even though this was a possibility up to a certain point and I can't comfortably justify a 3 [it is like saying that was either workable or good and then realizing on the other side of the coin there is something to work against it or there are enough mixed to poor elements,] so that leaves me with just one option.


No comments:

Post a Comment