Sunday 20 May 2018

The Dark Tower 2017 by AverageMansReviews

The Dark Tower 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there are words on screen, place jumps and time jumps, mental imagery and voice-over elements. Now if the truth was known the opening section and to possibly half way in this title [it is somewhat difficult to tell,] things move slowly without much get up and go to it [in fact when this review was being dictated I am already forgetting little bits and pieces about it,] there is nothing wrong with my memory it is just this film, doesn't or didn't really grab me and in fairness and balance it does get better the more you watch of it

Action sequences: they all give this title some value, I have re-dictated this paragraph a small amount of times at this point I have even asked the person I was watching this title with what they thought of these action sequences and generally speaking we both said roughly the same amongst other bits and pieces, but in short they range from okay or somewhere around this word to perhaps good or somewhere around this word as well.

Performances: it is difficult to say really; I am not making any excuses for not paying attention or something to that effect, but based on my opinion and viewing experience, they all do okay but it has to be said again that the fundamental elements of this title feel like they are being carried by these performers or there is something else here which isn't making this film easy to watch, but as I have already said things to get better.

Storyline: I am not going to tell you anything about 97% of this storyline, but all I will say is this; why oh why did they have to end this film like this; it is cheap and tacky and I just didn't like it.

This film receives: 5/10, this is one of those films that is difficult to mark, now generally speaking this film did or does have some potential to be a good film, but something hasn't worked out quite right here that is all I can say really.



No comments:

Post a Comment